Le Mans 2014

Sparkymart

So who's making the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans I already know of 3
TEAM AERODYNAMIX
TEAM T30MF
MYSELF (MINUS WESTY)

I'll be there with my Dad :)

We'll be there, sans Westfield, from Thursday morning.  We're camping in Interieur Musee (inside the track near the Esses).  By way of identification, we'll have a chuffin' great tent, a red Discovery and a silver RS4 Avant.  Feel free to drop by!

I'll be there with my mate ... both first-timers!  We are travelling over on Thursday (arriving in the evening) in my Westfield, camping in Houx.

It'd be great to catch-up with any others out there :)

Lumme I'll keep an eye open for you
Dave Houx is a great campsite a real party atmosphere and you'll really enjoy mad friday all the motors doing burnouts along the road outside the campsite, but beware if you take the car out on Friday afternoon into the evening you WILL be expected to do burnouts or you will get very wet lol
And a word of advice watch your stuff even tho there is security on the site the thieving pikeys do get in and WILL help themselves, people on beermountian (Le Mans guide to everything) have had stuff pinched out of there tents whilst in them asleep.

Thanks for the warning about watching our stuff. To be honest it's the one thing I've been worrying about. There's nowhere in an aeroscreened Westfield to lock stuff, and I've not been sure what to do!

Any advice really appreciated

I will be there, camping in private farm garden on rd into Arnarge back of camping Bleu

We had our bikes taken year before last when in Bleu.

You just need to be careful

I'm there for the classic with 1313 and Steve Farrimond

Thanks for the warning about watching our stuff. To be honest it's the one thing I've been worrying about. There's nowhere in an aeroscreened Westfield to lock stuff, and I've not been sure what to do!

Any advice really appreciated

Dave as you've probably worked out a tent isn't the most secure thing but what I do is take a padlock and lock the two zips together on the door (most tent's have two zips so you can open it from top or bottom) and on the inside zips I use two small lengths of thin paracord(about 3 inches) tied into 2 loops then feed one loop through the hole in the zipper and then pass the knot through loop, do this on both zips, when you get into the tent pass one of the knots of one loop through the other and hang your padlock of it (not locked) so it's easy to get out once the padlock is removed but can't be opened from the outside

If this is unclear let me know and I'll try and do a drawing or something to show what I mean

At the end of the day if someone wants to get in they'll just cut the tent open but It will stop the opportuneist theft

And if your carrying money passport etc on you watch out for pickpockets in Le man town if you go to the drivers parade on Friday and pitlane walk on Saturday and again in the pitlane after the race when the drivers receive there trophies on the podium it gets rammed in there prime place for pickpockets

Garry Bunn and I will be there from Wednesday lunchtime, camping at Maison Blanche! This is my 22nd consecutive Le Mans!

Del

22nd consecutive event? One would think you were set in your ways! :laugh:

Enjoy!

Garry Bunn and I will be there from Wednesday lunchtime, camping at Maison Blanche! This is my 22nd consecutive Le Mans!

Del

Thats good going garry I bet you have noticed some changes, I've only done seven trip and I can notice the little bits each year.

Let's just hope we have a better race this year

In light of yesterdays commemoration I am so pleased we took the time, a couple of years ago, to call in at Arromanches on the way home from the 24 hour race.

Bob :)

Del

Wow! 22nd time! Must be a great week!

Really looking forward to it now