New mega s2000 owner

Bow1build

im not disagreeing with you, as I think a supercharger is the easiest way to make good power out of the engine.... youre right about the hp numbers being so different over here to the yanks... cant remember which it is, but either the dynapack reads more or less than the dynojet apparently... this engine however was tuned in Greece not usa- but of course I still cant vouch for the power figures.. I have seen dynos where they compare the stock 2l to the 2.4l, ... the 2l makes approx. 200whp (with aem ems), the 2.4l stroker makes approx. 240whp completely standard otherwise. You would have probably made about 8-10% more power had you gone to a 2.4l though as 0.15l more capacity should net approx. 15whp (2l=200, 2.4l=240 base numbers)... its been proven many times on s2ki that the aggressive cams make little gains, and even losses sometimes... but getting back to the point- a supercharger is the way to go ;-)

Yes appoligies for going off topic but I ve tried the built engine way and never again expensive lesson learned , and I ve done s.charge once before on a drive by wire f20c and hit 450whp at a cost of £5500 which is a fraction of the cost of a fully built motor . I m defo going tts bottom mounted race set up again , the brand new diff is ordered and I have a spare plated one just incase I don't get along with a geared LSD , westfield are collecting my car Saturday as I ve done the 800 miles they wanted me to do then back for a few upgrades , swirl pot, starter button, and a few engine modifications . I hope to get the chassis ordered with Simon next week as I think he's been away as I ve been sending a load of emails about the new project.

:d  :yes: Good man, you can never have too many!

Yes something to do while I m laid up recovering from my back op ....I m busy ordering various parts already and as I won't be working for at least another year, I can potter in the garage on the car as I have no other interest in anything else .i think I hit a low point in my life a few months back and between my back , house sale falling through, farther passing away , wife with health issue as well , I must admit I was in a sell everything mood but now after a few positives , holiday letting our other house out , I m back into the cars and I did manage to put 300 miles on the Westfield but suffered with my back for a week but it was worth it . I don t drink , smoke so treated myself to another starter kit . So I will start a build thread once I have plenty of pictures and progress to update .

good choice! having something to tinker on is a great way to pass the time ;-)

looking forward to the build thread!

Only having one s2000 is just rude

Two is the hight of good manners :t-up:

Yes I m looking forward to building it myself as I m a bit of a perfectionist well in the building trade but I m very keen and like everything perfect so hopefully I ll manage to put this together . I ordered the starter kit today so Simon was very helpfull as he always is , and am finalising the new rear diff which looks and sounds perfect for the job. The only link missing is the gearbox but having so many spare boxes to choose from it seems silly to not use one and save a packet but then the s2000 sequential gearbox look a better setup to the universal sequential box available but the Honda one is a grand more but you have a few more gear choices to suit the engines high reving charictistics (sorry I m thick so English grammar s not the best) .

don't forget that the s2000 sequential ratios will no doubt be an improvement on standard ratios, but likely with a Honda car/weight in mind...... If I was going to go for another box than standard I would lean towards a box designed for motorsport vehicles, especially lightweight ones...

out of interest which s2000 sequential are you referring to? or do you mean a dog box gear kit for the Honda box?

its the QBE69G one with dog engagement which is updated from the 60 one before it and has 90mm shaft centre and larger gears to get maximum strength, Hel performance offer it for around 6k and included in that price are any gear ratio you want and you can change around too if its not suited but its a lot of money but i did spend in total around £2090 (OEM bearings and seals new 1st gear and new 2nd gear honda oem parts £1200,labour to rebuild gearbox £400, inital gearbox cost £490)and spoon sports want £2600 plus a gearbox so when you compare that or just stick the standard 6 speed honda box at £460 like i m saying i m not sure which way to go on the gearbox yet but there s plenty of other bits to research while i m sitting in front of the tv everyday watching jeramy kyle , auction hunters , a race car is born lol on sky . just out of interest whats people s opinion on dry sump or baffle i know the dry sump pump causes fitment issues but as i m novice and no nothing about racing it be good to have some input . i m hoping to start a build thread nextweek  but could someone show me how you attach a picture to the thread via iphone because the MAC is upstairs and thats not do able at moment lol. oh any are we aloud to use things like (lol tbh etc as they s2ki uk mods where very strick on language used ) 

Well ordered a few items from frost online store a bit premature but I m excited about building the car .I even pushed the boat out and ordered the powder coating kits with different colours and a selection of trick tools . I ve been very fortunate to have been able to buy lot of garage equipment over last few years and with my dad passing away last year I inherited all his collection of tool n stuff he collected and he had some nice steel benches and extra large vices so my garage is looking quite professional with parts washers, tool trolleys , engine hoists etc not bad for a complete novice but I recommend stripping a car bare to anyone just some that you get the basics on how everything goes together , I m on Honda s2000 number 14 now that's been stripped completely bare

• 3 weeks later...

On ebay forsale genuine reasons , it's a bidding auction with 1 day to go . Ask Westfield for details as I ve had enough .Grab a bargain megas2000 high spec for very little .

On ebay forsale genuine reasons , it's a bidding auction with 1 day to go . Ask Westfield for details as I ve had enough .Grab a bargain megas2000 high spec for very little .

I dont see it - link?