New mega s2000 owner

Bow1build

No the cars perfect . I had bad news last week with my back operation so I won't be going near any race cars for a while ... I ve had a load of guys messing me about with buying the car so it's on ebay and will sell today at a price that wouldn't even pay for the supercharger , engine , diff , but that's life . I must say that I ve had no end of jokers offering stupid offers , and most are wscc members , I tell you all now if you all had delt with what me and my family have been through in the last 18 months you wouldn't p*** about with stupid offers. I ve been told I'm a nunney that doesn't know his A*** from his head and that all the westfield factory guy think I m a nunney , dreamer and pain in the A*** , but remember I waited 7 months longer from the delivery date, handed over 27 k and a honda engine , got persuaded to spend another 5k for a supercharger and then when my situation changed in life no offer to buy it back and for spending a **** load of money on that car can t even get half the money back for a brand new car... Maybe you lot are right I am a nunney and all that other stuff , must gave been to spend all that money . Anyway the cars on ebay it had a westfield Warranty on all the parts and it's an outstanding car , my dream performance track car that I gave to give up for not being able to walk much .

It's on 12k now at 09.41 so I don't care what it make it's in westfield factory ready to be picked up by the new owner so take advantage of my s***ty situation and bid on the only factory built supercharged mega s2000 s in the uk at present , it's in perfect brand new condition with every upgrade added and custom diff, gearbox, etc if I could I would have broke it down to sell off in parts as I would have sold the lot for a lot more but I m not able to so check out ebay and you dealers can buy it and sell it on

I do feel for you mate. Whatever your reasons are for selling, knowone wants to see someone pay 36k, to then only get a fraction of it back in such a short time.

Wish you a speedy recovery. And hopefully youll get a good surge of offers in the last few minutes.... this car with its spec hast to be worth a lot more than its current offer. all the best

You might actually get more back dropping it to a non-supercharged spec and selling the 'charger "kit" on its own.

Whilst appreciate you may feel hard done to at the moment with "low offers" from club members, you'll also find if you put out a call for help with the strip down work for you, you'll equally see the other side of the club with members trying to help you.

Its always difficult with sales of something a little out of the ordinary. You will get low offers, of course you will. Everyone does, some are from dreamers and opportunists who genuinely hope to get it for that. Some are from people who are just going in low, with the hope that by the time negotiations have finished, they'll still get a bargain.

I suppose with all the car selling/buying program's on TV nowadays, perhaps everyone is going for the jugular on the first offer. I wouldn't take it personally though.

I guess I was fortunate when I first had my neck problems, I was able to lay the car up for eighteen months till I was well enough to drive it again.

Last note, with mod. hat on, a plea to members:

Lets keep this thread civil and posts in control please! Count to ten before hitting the post button, re-read your post first, too. Let's not let frustration get the better of us, the mods would like to get normal weekend stuff done, not sort out upset members all weekend!

I do appoligies but dangling the carrot then taking it away it not my style. I have given it my best shot to use the car but it's impossible now.members knowing my situation and messing around is sick in my eyes .i won't name names and all that so the car will be sold today and it be the end for me then.

No worries. Best wishes on your recovery!

Sorry to hear about your problems, Greg, and equally sorry we still haven't been able to meet up yet as nearest members (just back now from yet another week away for work). Dave's right, though, a shout out and I probably wouldn't have been the only one coming over to help wield your spanners and strip it down! But we are where we are I hope things get better for you on all fronts. What are your plans for the second Mega S2000 kit you had on order? I'm guessing you may have cancelled it given your circumstances?

Bob

Cancelled order , also had a 19k dollar Honda race engine built in the USA and that self destructed after one 15 min race 2 weeks ago , I had sold it to a guy racing in the vtec challenge and he paid me 8k so that's another mess on top of everything else going on . For now family and health is important firstly , again it's a long story but the Westfield was suppose to be a project me and my dad where suppose to build together so I ordered a starter kit with Simon jan 2013 and we where going to pick it up in may 2013 and on Father's Day 2013 my dad passed away so we had already got the engine, gearbox, diff, starter kit etc then my car crash and back injury , then our house sale falling through after we bought another house and moved out ,I think it's a bad omen so the car will be sold hopefully in 3 hours time at a bargain price , so it's been a great year and I m sure there are many people out there who all have similar stuff going on but I feel like it's been 18 months of hell ,we see how things go and hopefully with a bit of luck in 2/3 years I ll be back on the scene building something nuts again.

I can see why getting rid here can be perhaps more important than the sum of money received. Best of luck for the future, hope it all works out for you.

Sorry to hear about your situation and good luck with the sale.  Unfortunately it seems to be very hard to sell high spec westfields for what they are worth and there seems to be a ceilng around £20k

Anyway the value is now over £14,450 ;) so it's creaping up with an hour to go.

Good news, fingers crossed it keeps heading in the right direction.

Thank you all for your kind words , maybe I should have called out for help but I m too stubborn to ask for help. I thought finishing the car would make me feel better but it was quite the opposite ,

It's the way it goes, sometimes it's therapy and a reminder of the good times, and sometimes it just reminds you of the bad. Often the only difference between the two is time and the perspective it brings.

it might well be a different story in a year or two, but for the moment you've just got to do what's best for yourself and your family. If that's to walk away and do something completely different for a bit, then that's what you must do.