WSCC Blyton Park Track Day Friday 11th July 2014

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Nick

Will you now be offering the half days for this ? if so I'd like to book please 

Martin

Hi Martin

I'm afraid there won't be any half day passes for this one.  We've still got a few places to sell but it's going pretty well and we are expecting we should sell out on a full-day basis.

We will be doing a lunchtime briefing if there is anyone who has booked the day but can't make it until later on and we'll do whatever we can so sort anyone with individual briefings if they land in-between times.

1. Fridays track day is on the new Eastern circuit

2. The weekends sprint is on the Outer circuit as last year

We were on the Inner and Outer Circuit last year, suppose to stop practising for the sprints on Friday you don't want to use the Outer Circuit which is understandable. So for the Friday Track Day what about swaping over to the Inner Circuit in the afternoon?

Terry

Hi Terry

The change wasn't really to restrict the sprinters practice, it was mostly to give the trackday drivers a new circuit to try out.  We did discuss the possibility of running two layouts but Blyton tell us that it is too big a change around on signage etc to be able to do whilst still allowing the marshals a reasonable lunch break.

Shame that, last year it was quite interesting driving the same track 2 different ways.

Terry

I like double layout days as well so maybe another year we will be able to manage it but we've got a good spread of experience this year so hopefully running the one layout will also help settle the novices in easier and assist with overtaking etc.

Nick / Steve,

Just been posting on facebook about this trackday and a regular on here has questioned if non Westfield type cars are allowed - i'm a paid up WSCC member but booked on with my Fiesta Track car, can you confirm there is no issue (car was stated on my booking form)

Thanks

Glen

Nick / Steve,

Just been posting on facebook about this trackday and a regular on here has questioned if non Westfield type cars are allowed - i'm a paid up WSCC member but booked on with my Fiesta Track car, can you confirm there is no issue (car was stated on my booking form)

Thanks

Glen

That should be fine Glen, there were plenty of non Westfields last year  :t-up:

You'll see our old body work still in action  ;)

That should be fine Glen, there were plenty of non Westfields last year :t-up:

You'll see our old body work still in action ;)

yes Martin, I can still see Russ in his Primera LOL

yes Martin, I can still see Russ in his Primera LOL

Thats exactly what I was thinking Chris, he'd taken a day off from filming his TV ad's for Now TV and the Westy had electrical troubles  :d

I was going to mention the ads but thought best to keep that a bit quiet as could effect future relationships with all the kids!

LOL

Yep, that won't be a problem Glen.

The day is nearly upon us. :) ...and the weather's not looking too shabby.. for Friday at least.. :t-up:

We aim to please  :ww:

Ha ha! we haven't got through the day yet Steve. There's still a chance they've got it wrong. :p