Lanyards, Anyone?

Captain Colonial

I think the lanyards are wrong. They may look smart but the name/boardroom name you need to see will be sideways on or back to front. A badge is fine - just maybe needs to be better than a stick-on label.

Totally agree.

And cheaper while still able to look neat and professional.

Out of the number of Westies there, how many actually stuck on there name sticker?

If a member want a lanyard instead then they buy one as part of merchandising

It is possible to get magnetic badges (we have them for work) or clasp type which don't use pins.

Totally agree.

And cheaper while still able to look neat and professional.

Out of the number of Westies there, how many actually stuck on there name sticker?

If a member want a lanyard instead then they buy one as part of merchandising

We will definitely consider this as well as magnetic ones, and all options.  I'm looking at this now when the ideas are still fresh in your minds and we have lots of time to do some research, and get your opinion on preferred options, but we're not going to purchase these until next year (if we do at all).

How many?  Didn't make a precise count, but well into three figures - the table was rammed on Sunday with people trying to get them.  One of the reasons I'm looking at alternatives is that some people wanted another sticker if they were there both days.  It was very pleasing and the idea a great success (again, it wasn't my idea, obviously).

The magnetic ones work unless through thick material, but I would be happy with pin through, unless it was raining and I had a waterproof on.

Daniel

As an aside - I do think a good idea to have a member badge, even if generated automatically and we print ourselves to save posting etc. 

I assume that all Westfields parked on the club stand were owned by members or new joiners -- but you never know

The magnetic ones work unless through thick material, but I would be happy with pin through, unless it was raining and I had a waterproof on.

Daniel

We ditched magnetic ones at work because there not the strongest magnets and peeps kept losing them plus, you're advised not to wear one if you've a pacemaker .. does that affect anyone I wonder!

It is possible to get magnetic badges (we have them for work) or clasp type which don't use pins.

I brought one with me to the show.  My badge lasted both days as a result, and I could take it off when not needed.  Perfick, Rodney!