Lanyards, Anyone?

Captain Colonial

The day after Stoneleigh and I'm already on the scrounge for next year :d

The stick-on name badges we did this year worked excellently - full marks for the idea (not mine, of course).

So naturally I thought I'd improve on it and look at getting some lanyards and name badge pockets, then printing off name cards for them.  More durable, better looking, etc.

Then I started looking at prices...ouch. :(  There's no way I can try to justify spending club funds on that level, even for the cheapest versions.

So ladies and gentlemen, I am officially on the scrounge over the next twelve months for lanyards with name badge pockets for Stoneleigh 2015, new or used in reasonable condition, and as many as I can rip out of your hands for free with my greedy little mitts.  If you have any you'd be willing to part with, no matter what it may say on the lanyard itself, PM me and let me know please.

I'm looking to get at least 500 of them, but the more, the better, as people will accidentally forget to return them before they go home.

Thanks in advance for your help - hope we can make this happen! :)

Wouldn’t any of our sponsors be able to provide some, because at most motoring shows a lot of the trades do give them away for free, as advertising aides?

I have a Nissan one for work which I picked up at a motoring event.

If not we can all go on the crounge for them.

I'm happy to wear a westfield sponsored badge :d

The club could have some made and sold to members as part of club merchandise.

I'd go for that approach, there's got to be plenty of office workers who are bored of their current lanyard.

• Like 1

I'd also agree and thought the same as I started to look at the thread. I do have a couple of spares picked up from different events if needed still with pockets.

If Westfield can't supply, I'd be happy to pay for a WSCC branded one.

Scott what sort of money are you getting quoted a friend of my wife has just ordered 10k for her firm I could ask some questions.

I'd go for that approach, there's got to be plenty of office workers who are bored of their current lanyard.

I love my Narionwide Home Insurance lanyard... honest...

Thanks for all the responses so far gents, much appreciated. :t-up:

Barry, it's stupid money, doubt I'd do better than £500 for 500 at this point, which isn't money we can throw away when people don't return them - and that's without the blank name cards or printing.  By comparison, I printed 1350 name stickers this year on my inkjet printer at home for £10. :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t any of our sponsors be able to provide some, because at most motoring shows a lot of the trades do give them away for free, as advertising aides?

That was my thought as well.

Someone like footman james would surely be game for 500 people walking around in there lanyards at Stoneleigh?

An extremely quick look on ebay appears to show I can get 100 landyards for £25 from one vendor, or 300 with the plastic sleeve for £80 from another. Unbranded, but a choice of colour. Which works out at 26p each or £130 for 500.

Only issue is, while they would ID you as a WSCC member, unless clearly printed with a name name on both sides, would not display who you where as well as a label or pin on badge.

Daniel

Yep. Was disappointed there aren't Westfield ones

If Westfield can't supply, I'd be happy to pay for a WSCC branded one.

... and then disappointed their aren't WSCC ones! Can easily add the 'name' packet to go on the end very cheap and generic.

My wife's friend works for Thatchers and just got 10k of these I think there going to be free at festivals etc. love the bottle opener on the end. These with wscc would be a great addition to the merchandise shop.

FA07B9A2-2881-452C-B982-1866C4CD7770_zps

I think a WSCC/Westfield branded version of the above would be ideal! Can offer/throw in the lanyard pouches (a quick Google came up with these prices) as these are the cheap generic part.

50x £0.30
100x £0.26ea
250x £0.19ea
500x £0.17ea
1000x £0.14ea