Narrow SE Zetec

Playo

I was thinking the same about the figures, they didn't seem to suggest a massive problem but the amount of swarf that was stuck in the mesh filter in the sump was quite alarming. 

If it doesn't sell as it is I'll start looking into a full rebuild later in the year, maybe uprate the internals too.

pm sent

• 4 weeks later...

He only update the price this morning, therefore I'd assume it's still available :)

Nope still here, had a bit of interest but no viewings etc. I've been torn on what to do for a while but my hearts just not in it anymore no matter how much I try to convince myself :-(

• 3 weeks later...

No longer for sale as I'm fed up of dealing with a*******s who think they can tell me my cars not worth the money I'm asking for it because of the brakes or because of some other small item on the car doesn't fit in with what you want.

Go buy a std car and do the work yourself then see how much it costs.

Oh err, are these WSCC members you are referring to?  I do hope not!

I have been in a similar situation with a car, I eventually sorted it, and ran it ran it for years with a huge smile on my face - if you can afford it, which in my case was the crux of the matter, then keep at it as disheartening as it is at the moment, when it's sorted there isn't a better feeling!

Ian

Not a member as such but someone referred to me by a member of the committee.

No matter though as it's just helped me decide for the better. I'll rebuild the engine and get it running and do what I set out to do in the first place and bl**** well enjoy the damn thing

Just to clarify... It was me who did the referring.  A guest asked that his details be passed on to Playo, which I did - sorry it was a waste of time but glad you're keeping the car.

• Like 1

I blame it on all the reality stuff on TV these days, (and I admit, I'm hooked on some of the guff too); everyone thinks they can go in rip what you're selling to shreds, make an insultingly low offer and "bid" you down.

Trust me, it's often no better selling a high spec car or component.

I have no problem with anyone wanting to negotiate or do a bit of a deal, but you've got to know where to put your opening offer. Or I, (and many others) am just going to laugh at you and call you a dangler. Likewise, doing the heavy slag off bit, isn't going to make many sellers think "Oh dear, I seam to be mistaken, I'm actually selling a lemon rather than the pride and joy I've lavished thousands of pounds and untold hours of work on, that I thought I was selling", it's just going to put the sellers back up and make them defensive.

Still, some good has come out of it, you're keeping the car. That's great news! :yes:

• Like 1

Good on you, get the old girl back on the road and you'll soon be smiling again.

It is disheartening when people try and knock you down on price, and they always have their reasons for shaving money off. But something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and they have the upper hand in a negotiation because they have the money and can walk away.

I'm in a similar situation selling my entire worldly possessions (apart from the car) to move out of the country. Although my mountain bike brakes cost me £500, they don't add £500 to the value of the bike to the guy buying it, they are just brakes to the buyer, they may be the most powerful on the market at the moment but all bikes (and cars) come with brakes and mine are nothing special to the buyer. 

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.