• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

the search engine on this site is rubbish

ALLADDIN

If you're ever stuck looking for something specific, let me know and I'll find it for you. :)

Yeah, we have our own searchbot :t-up: , are you going to be taking email/pm requests or set up a specific thread for us to pop our request in :d  :d  :d

Just post them in this thread.  Please allow between 10 minutes and a millennia for a response.  If I still haven't responded after that, you may have been had. :p  :d

The problem with searching is the amount of stuff on here and the database bashing that searching (especially with small number of characters) produces. If the club wants to allocate me the equivalent resource Google has for say 1 second of time that should allow me to build something pretty good.

I could integrate Google site search to replace the I house one. Personally I really hate the do a search response some people offer, as the point of a forum is to chat and discuss about things much like a pub. Therefore I see no reason why just becomes something has been discussed once it cant be discussed again. However there is a lot of valuable information in the forum and Google is your friend. Looking at web stats a lot of people "discover" the forum via google searches.

Ive added Google site search as the default option on the site tonight.