Gurston Down - Finals and Entry List

Paul Morcom

don't have any ,so no :d :d

will be doing my sun dance

Gurston weather is usually better than the forecast.

Sunday is worse - thunderstorms

Just received text from Paul and it's been sunny there since 6 this evening, fingers crossed it stays that way and we have some dryish runs.

James, I'll be running 1b tyres.

I've swapped over to 1A's now.

Might need to borrow a jack tomorrow :)

No worries James, I'll have my kit there if you need to borrow anything

It's warm in Yeovil..... :-)

Good luck this weekend my fellow team mate:)

Look forward to reading how you got on.

Home after a day of ups and downs.....

P1 - Cold and very very slippery after the previous day's and night's rain. Keith did a lovely pirouette between Karousel and Deers Leap; no damage to car but pride was hurt and his "drive of shame" all the way back to the paddock lead him directly to the cafe for an early bacon roll.  Unfortunately James Spicer lost all his brake fluid between the paddock and the start line - luckily he discover "no brakes" as he was heading to the start line and not at 80mph in the Hollow.

[Edited to say that I see from the times James did get to the Karousel and went through Hollow at 79mph - so he is very lucky to have brake failure where he did, the slowest part of the course.]

P2 - Track drying and everyone put in some respectable times; all had smiles back on their faces. Keith even made it to the top of the hill!

T1 - The weather was improving and we felt good in the knowledge that recent communications from Wiscombe Park confirmed they were encountering atrocious weather. There was talk of a timed run prior to lunch but it didn't happen. Early lunch and we were ready to attack the hill and build on our P2 times - just getting into our cars and the heavens opened turning a warm dry track into something that resembled a river with the grip of an ice rink! Everyone's times were slower except for Martin Watson who managed a very accomplished sub-40 run.

T2 - After the squall that ruined T1 the weather improved again and we were presented with a dry (with damp patches) track and all put in some excellent times.

Well done to Pete Goulding who took Westfield honours, followed by myself only 0.08 seconds slower!

Also well done to Christian James who did well on his first ever event; coming away absolutely hooked and can't wait for his next event.

• Like 2

Times for all the practice and competition runs can be found here......Clicky

Ok, please be gentle with me, this was my first ever Hill Climb event and conditions were somewhat challenging. :blush:

Unfortunately on reviewing the footage it's obvious I needed to remove my rearview mirror to give better visibility for the GoPro but at least gives an idea to my progress.  Damn GoPro battery ran out on me for my final timed run which happened to be my quickest of the day, honest, so here is my P2 & in Top Gear terminology a very wet T1 :)

I've got a lot to learn but loved the experience and can't wait for the next event.

P2

T1

Good video Hellski - great first run in difficult weather - Well done mate  :yes:  :yes:  :yes: