Bad case of upgraditis

Hellski

Well I'm not twelve months into ownership yet and my first winter, in fact ownership of my Westfield has been very contagious of a thing called 'UPGRADITIS"; all new owners you've been warned :p

I took ownership last June and already had plans before taking delivery, so had started ordering parts in preparation and of course no thanks to the helpful folks on here with all the useful threads advising where I could spend my money :d.

First couple of weeks of ownership I added the following: Silver racing strip, carbon wheel arch protectors, oil catch tank, 3/4 size front plate, smaller headlamps and fairing indicators on the front nose cone; in addition to the above, the bodywork received a full machine polish and copious amounts of wax.  So she ended up looking like this - 

9297222779_a1dd7a1f6e.jpg

9300002080_15b198e83b.jpg

13555623073_cec1bc9dca.jpg

So a couple of months passed and I knew I wanted to fit an aeroscreen and a D shape steering wheel.  Thanks to Areodynamix, and a couple of forum members, I soon had these items fitted.

13555625843_f1fd8a3a6a_z.jpg

13555628533_6b66cea9be.jpg

9583873937_966d5f883e.jpg

So with a summers use under my belt which included a couple of track days, plans for the winter upgrade were made..........

TBC

• Like 3

Looking very nice in the sunshine :)

But wait till next winter when you get another upgradeitus bug lol

My second winter was as bad as my first, and I'm planning for November already HELP

looking good but i have bad news.

for your condition there is no cure  :p  :p

After doing a track day at Oulton Park in early November and with the weather closing in, it was time to put her on the stands and start stripping her down ready for the upgrade.  The following list gives an idea of what has been done over the course of the winter:

• Repainted chassis where required

• Repainted brake calipers

• Repainted front & rear uprights

• Re-powdercoated front and rear wishbones

• Re-powdercoated cycle wing brackets & headlight brackets

• Fitted nylon bushes front and rear

• Plays-kool front & rear ARB's

• Plaks-kool 4 point harnesses

• Replaced front & rear shocks with a set of Protech's dyno'd by Blink

• V8 Bonnet

• Rapfix Racing quick release boss

• Silicone hoses

• Replaced fuel hoses

• Repositioned battery to front passenger footwell and replaced with Gel type PVR22

• Swirl pot

• Lift pump to swirl pot & Sytec fuel pump to throttle bodies

• Repositioned fuses & ECU to drop down plate on passenger side

• Stripped out all wiring not required

• Fitted OMEX 600 ECU

• Jenvey Throttle bodies

• Areodynamix Carbon dash

• Areodynamix Carbon front cycle wings

• Areodynamix Carbon rear panel

• Areodynamix rear diffuser

• Carbon cill protectors

• Carbon exhaust

• Race technology Dash 2 Pro with ECU interface and sensors

• Savage switches

• FIA kill switch

• Caged full roll cage

•  LED rear lights

And breath......................  I had planned to attend to the bodywork too due to it starting to show signs of its ten years of age with possible colour change but unfortunately I ran out of time and money!!

Due to the amount of work  and major changes to  suspension and fuelling, I booked to have a full corner & geo set-up as well as a dyno session up with the great guys, Richard & Fraser at Blink Motorsport. Great service received from these guys, Richard breathed his magic on the mapping managing to get an amazing 170bhp at the flywheel from my standard silver top 2 litre Zetec.  Then both Fraser and Richard went about setting up the geo, there was some discussion about which geo would suit my needs best and it was decided on 'Racing God', oh how little they know of me!! Richard did say I've got no excuses in this seasons Speed series other than my personal ability.

I've not done this thread to boast at how much I've spent or what I've done but to be a WARNING to all those newbies on how addictive this community and ownership of a Westfield is; oh and also give you ideas what you can spend your money on too :p

I've now purchased my tax and can't wait to get out and get some road miles racked up before my first event at Gurston later this month. A few pictures how she looks today.

13555046293_0409cefe14_c.jpg

13555052013_c845f8e7c4_c.jpg

13555268594_bfc0359e0e.jpg

Finally a personal thanks to everyone on here unknowingly spending all my money :laugh:

• Like 1

Lovely looking car.  Small headlights are tidy, where are they from??

• Like 1

Looking very nice in the sunshine :)

But wait till next winter when you get another upgradeitus bug lol

My second winter was as bad as my first, and I'm planning for November already HELP

Thanks pickmaster, dread to think what I'm going to do next winter..........

looking good but i have bad news.

for your condition there is no cure  :p  :p

Tell me about it Phil, just hope the wife doesn't find the receipts :p

Thank you. Headlights are the dominators which can be purchased from here  :t-up:

Quite a transformation, looks awesome now! Good work :t-up:

Looks great, some excellent upgrades...... going through a similar thing just scaled down a bit form yours....

I like the rear LEDS, where are thy from....

Cheers,

Greggs

Quite a transformation, looks awesome now! Good work :t-up:

Thanks Adam, some ideas have come from yours :t-up:

Looks great, some excellent upgrades...... going through a similar thing just scaled down a bit form yours....

I like the rear LEDS, where are thy from....

Cheers,

Greggs

Thanks Greggs, Rear lights are from the Bay, the single pods are an all in one RDX unit indicator, side light and brake. :t-up:

• Like 2

A fabulous transformation.  Hopefully get to see it in the flesh at the next Cotswolds meeting.

This is what i dislike about Westfields. They take away your ability to think rationally. I should have sold mine and bought something better. With them money I've spent i'd probably have a faster car! But noooo it had to be mine! I could easily plough £10k into it right now too :-/

I have these as well, you'll need to buy some rubber grommets from the Bay to fill a big hole as well.   I fitted LED sidelight bulbs and Philips Diamond Vision bulbs, going for the Chav look I am.

Nice :) love the full cage.

Thanks Paul, oh and I've thread locked the bolts on the cage...... :p

A fabulous transformation.  Hopefully get to see it in the flesh at the next Cotswolds meeting.

Thank you. Hoping the weather will be on our side for the next meeting :t-up:

This is what i dislike about Westfields. They take away your ability to think rationally. I should have sold mine and bought something better. With them money I've spent i'd probably have a faster car! But noooo it had to be mine! I could easily plough £10k into it right now too :-/

Nothing like being able to personalise your own motor even more so when you know you've done the majority of the work yourself :) However I do know what you mean about being able to plough more in when you think there can't be anything else left to get, must stop looking at sequential boxes and engine upgrades :oops:

Have you tested out the headlights? do they still perform ok compared to the larger previous ones?

I desperately need some new headlights and these do look quite nice on your car.

You never mentioned the change of wheels :p