Bargain Cadwell Park trackday April 17th

SteveH

It was an awful day Adam, you didn't miss a thing! ;)

There were only around thirty cars entered, so we didn't get to queue all day. :down:  Five Westys blasting round in a big train was a truly hideous sight.. they sounded really really bad too. :down:  You definitely wouldn't have enjoyed it Adam. :laugh:

And to top it off it was dry all day  :down: .

:d

Yep, was one of those days where we all got loads of mileage in, did about 70 ltrs of fuel in my case :blush: .  There was a couple of minor breakages along the way but only one bit of grass-tracking (AFAIK!) and everyone finished the day in one piece.

Cadwell were very decent about us playing together so long as we didn't harass any of the other punters and there was probably only a couple seconds a lap between any of us so chasing round was the order of the day  :t-up: .

Sounds as though you had a rubbish day, so pleased I was sat at my desk shuffling paper all day!

Any video confirming how bad the day was, just so Adam & I can reassure ourselves in how lucky we were missing this???

Sounds as though you had a rubbish day, so pleased I was sat at my desk shuffling paper all day!

Any video confirming how bad the day was, just so Adam & I can reassure ourselves in how lucky we were missing this???

I've just totted it up, I have about two and a half hours of video. Sure something will appear in a day or two.

me and my dad had a good day was nice to get some clear laps (not had a quiet one like that for a while), and have a play with some other westfields :)

got some video footage to i'll sort out and put up

mitch

I feel bad now, feeling a bit daft in fact  sad.gif.  

How about if next time we are looking at doing a quiet trackday at an awesome circuit for a very good price, I'll try to post a thread up about it in advance so everyone gets a chance to book the day off work and come and have some fun instead whistle.gif

I'll try to get some vid up tomorrow as well yes.gif

• Like 1

After my mudguard blew off on the way down and getting black flagged on my second lap, was soon fixed with a few strategic tie wraps!

IMG_20140417_114547_zps12lvsklg.jpg

After my mudguard blew off on the way down and getting black flagged on my second lap, was soon fixed with a few strategic tie wraps!

IMG_20140417_114547_zps12lvsklg.jpg

It was a neat repair, and obviously held out. :yes:  I didn't see much of you on track, how did you get on?

Did a few laps, probably the slowest out there but no suprise being a complete noob. Had fun though, but next time I'll wear ear plugs!

Thanks to the guys who fixed my mudguard though, very much appreciated, could have been a short day else.

Your welcome would've been a shame to get sent home so early, it's all part of it tho mine kept dropping on 3 cylinders, I think (hope) I sorted it by the end of the day was loose connection on one of the coils it didn't do it again after I fixed that

bumping into my bro's old mechanic was handy as he had a truck full of tools for the hottrax racing over the week end

I didn't come across you much on track either, but your car was trick :)

A bit late but just to add I had a superb day Dicing with Our very own track day gnu, Matt, Andrew, Pete and Stoney (TAOL), Which makes a change because they have usually left me within a lap or two.

Looking forward to the next one.

The only Dampener for me was the loss of gear oil from the joint between Bellhousing and front of gearbox. But should be sorted in no time.