Rockingham

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Can anyone who has entered Rockingham please let me know so that I can get your Speed Series card & stickers to you in time.

PM me or email.

Nick

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• pete g

• Andrew

• Lee Smith

I now have the entry list so will send to all Speed Series competitors on Monday.

So can we see who is going please?

only 5 of us

:down:

I guessed as much

Good luck guys and hope it goes well

Just out of interest, why so little interest in Rockingham?

in my case, despite it being resonably local for me its just that bit early in the season, the car isn't ready and we've had months of bad weather so there was a good chance it would have been wet. I didn't really fancy a repeat of Castle Combe last year :oops:

I think that it may turn out OK but it is early season (car readiness and the cold weather?) and an unknown event in terms of how it will run and value for money. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Maybe Pete can send me a report for my blog

Yes, I suppose it's a bit early in the year.. shame, it's a nice circuit, and quite central. Does the lack of target times play any part in the decision? I don't really understand the system fully, but is it an adavntage or disadvantage to do a circuit with no target times?

the target times can have an effect on who goes where. Max points at Rockingham for Westfield class winners are 100points and for many that is an excellent score. Howvere sme people like to tackle the tracks with a target time as there is always a chance of scoring 102 points but its also possible to score poorly against a hard target time ( class record)

I would have gone but it wasn't announced straight away and my cars not on the rolling road til after

the target times can have an effect on who goes where. Max points at Rockingham for Westfield class winners are 100points and for many that is an excellent score. Howvere sme people like to tackle the tracks with a target time as there is always a chance of scoring 102 points but its also possible to score poorly against a hard target time ( class record)

So..... you won't tackle a circuit until a target time has been set? Presumably a few times will be set after this year's event, but it could take several years before proper targets are established for all classes, right or wrong? ....just curious. :t-up:

I'm doing rocking ham as it is local to me the catering facilities are excellent :-) I'm a bit anxious about all the corners though...

Andrew 

Thats not really the issue here but with more than 30 events to choose from there are certain favourites and Rockingham came in quite late

I'm in, and one of the 5! :t-up:  :t-up:

Andrew, it is new for the Speed Series, and I probably wouldn't have entered, except that my car IS ready, and I have to have an operation next month, which is preventing me from entering 3 events which I would otherwise have entered, so I might as well get an event in before the op.