Test Car Needed

DavidC

The new Nissan 350Z has them as standard.

Also what suprised me is how big and heavy this cars is. Definitely not a sports car in my opinion. AND its got a Renault engine :angry:  ;)

No surprise... guess who owns 44.4% of Nissan?

:0

The new Nissan 350Z has them as standard.

Are you sure? I was almost convinced myself when I looked under one of these the other day until I realised it was sound deadening wrapped around it. Similar stuff to the bitumen they put inside panels to stop them drumming. I guess this also happens to steel propshafts hence the need to address NVH issues.

Also what suprised me is how big and heavy this cars is. Definitely not a sports car in my opinion. AND its got a Renault engine :angry:  ;)

they'll need all the sound proofing the can to cover the noise from the exhaust... i followed one down the M42 on wednesday, and thought "b******* me he didn't waste much time fitting a max power exhaust"... its got something like 2 - 4" outlets spaced similar to a TT

then reading EVO last night realised it standard fit  :0

PS: its a nice looking car in the flesh IMHO

Windy/Felters

You like many others have been mislead by Mr Clarkson etc.

The 350 Z uses the award winning derivative of the QX engine. They let Renault use it in the ill fated Vel Satis. Please be very certain the 350Z uses a NISSAN designed and manufactured engine.

No Reanult sh!te in site and a full carbon prop

The exhaust was tuned to sound more high pitched than V8 rumble, I think it sonds great, then I dont read lax power or the prattlings of Jermain Clarkson :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, those of you who sent me your details should now contact Jeff Hilton at CTG.

His email address is Jeff.Hilton@ctgltd.co.uk

If you tell him that you're repsonding to the request on the WSCC that Simon Odling arranged, he'll know what you mean.

Apparently the 7th most frequent source of request for info from CTG is the WSCC!!

David C

Also, for the record: When a carbon prop fail it turns to dust.

The dust and splinters will not break it's through your ally panels.  The 'flailing' remainder of the prop will do little damage cos these things are very very light. I mean seriously light. A 2m long prop can be easliy picked up with 2 fingers, so these tiny se7en props won't have enough mass on them to do any damage worth worrying about.

In back to back tests with Ford props the CTG carbon one fails long after the ford steel one had snapped.

DC