Test Car Needed

DavidC

Have you spent every last penny possible to have the fastest westy you can? Is there nothing else short of NOS that will make your car faster?

Well maybe there's one more thing that you don't have yet.

If anyone of you serious competitors wants to be the trial user for a new performance part for westfields and caterhams, PM or eMail me.

I'll give you all the details then :D

Cheers,

David C

If only my car was ready, then I'd be tester :(

what is it ????????????????? :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :p

I actually looked into this :blush: and a figure not unadjacent to £750+vat+del for a 'straight through' prop rings some bells (t'was a while ago). Mind you it was for a BEC, so I suppose a CEC prop would be cheaper/shorter :)

It would look rather saucy too.....

JC

Right, well a certain kit car manufacturer (not westfield) has asked them to make carbon props, and they would like to get one on a car to test.

Now, I think they'll want a Type 9 + Sierra Diff'd car so to be as representative of the prop that this 'certain kit car manufacturer' sells.

The prices would be in the £750+ region, but of course would vary depending on the individual application.

I can see why it'd be very tempting for BECs, with the lower torque and longer props....

DC

Hands up those who fancy an untested carbon prop trying to escape from there westfield!  

I know Panoz use carbon props, cos my prop man had one in for balancing.....seems it was a right game!

If one of these lets go, you'd be lucky to survive, no prop restraint would stop it flayling around, carbon shrades the size of a pin head hurt like hell, so millions the size of bricks would hurt a lot!......

If your testing this, insist on a Kevlar jacket around the tunnel, that should slow any stray bits down a bit.

Nope it WILL make a mess if it fails.  :(

Surely though, if they want somebody to test their product they should be giving it awy to the tester. HTF can you be expected to pay full whack for something that they haven't proven yet and give them the benefit of you risking your legs for their product into the bargain??  :devil::angry:  :devil:

I never said that the tester would be paying £750, that's just the likely ballpark price of the final product.

CTG make the panoz prop, as well as the 2003 LeMans class winning Prodrive Ferrari. They also supply to most of the JGTC grid now that Ti props are banned.

So they're not untested as such, just not tested on a se7en yet. Then again with the much lower loads I wouldn't expect any failures, unless any of you reckon your westy could give this more abuse than a 550 Le Mans, a Panoz or a JGTC Supra!!

Mine was gonna be the test car, but the car's not finished yet, hence the hunt for a volunteer.

Still, if anyone is geniunely interested drop me a PM and I'll get the engineer at CTG to contact you.

Anyone else will have to wait until Autosport International to see the props.

Cheers

David C

I would have thought having such a low mass a carbon prop would not even perforate an ally side panel if it was to fail.

I recall seeing one at the Autosport show last year and it weighed approx 1kg & most of that was at the ends. ???

I'll test it if its free. The sprint car breaks driveshafts more often than a 550 Le Mans, a Panoz or a JGTC Supra mile for mile so should be a good test......

:D

If you want a real test then let Tom try one.

If his car can't break it, then nothing will  :D  :D  :D

The new Nissan 350Z has them as standard. I dont think they would be fitted to a production car without being safe :devil:  :0  :devil:

The new Nissan 350Z has them as standard.

Are you sure? I was almost convinced myself when I looked under one of these the other day until I realised it was sound deadening wrapped around it. Similar stuff to the bitumen they put inside panels to stop them drumming. I guess this also happens to steel propshafts hence the need to address NVH issues.

Also what suprised me is how big and heavy this cars is. Definitely not a sports car in my opinion. AND its got a Renault engine :angry:  ;)