Trickle chargers

pistonbroke 2

Can I rig up a 'comfort plug' for my Halford's charger??  My battery is at the bottom of the passenger's footwell and it's not easy to get a good connection.  It's the connection at the battery end that's the problem.

Assuming the halfords one is similar to a CTEK (and isn't a big alternator frying jobbie) rig up a cigarette lighter socket to a permanent live (fused appropriately),  make an adapter, and you're sorted... less hassle than even the comfort connector.

Assuming the halfords one is similar to a CTEK (and isn't a big alternator frying jobbie) rig up a cigarette lighter socket to a permanent live (fused appropriately),  make an adapter, and you're sorted... less hassle than even the comfort connector.

Thanks Mr Coyote  :)  just the job!

I had a ring before my ctek.

Very difficult to say as TBH I've no idea what they do behind the scenes. You plug them in and leave them to it don't you? Unless they break within a year or something there's not to much you can put your finger on.

My gut feeling though is that I'll stick to ctek.

Some of the rings stuff is good, but some is not so good, in my finding. No idea about there chargers.

Make yer own from scrap bits... ( This is supposed to be a "kit" car club   ;)      )

6404770995_35cec403f4_z.jpg  1000A =1000mA

Ive had 2 of the older style lidl chargers permamently on for 2 years now on my AGM Westy battery (has an AGM setting) and tintop and they seem to work, but like you say hard to judge other than they both start first time and are constant 12.9v even after sitting for uk to 3 weeks.