Trickle chargers

pistonbroke 2

There's always one  :p

Actually more than one, I have an Optimate as well, however, I prefer the CTEK 3600 so use that and the Optimate stays on the shelf in case I need it for another vehicle :)

• Like 1

I have an Optimate as well :)  

I've used it for the 3 years I've had my Westfield - its plugged in all the time its in the garage

I haven't got one at all.

And I've never had a problem starting, even after a couple of Months inactivity.

I use an AccuGuard from the days when I had an Elise. I have a connector under the dash which I can easily access to plug it in when required.

agree with the comfort plug comments - have mine hidden behind the dash so I can park up and plug it in with ease. no need to remove the bonnet :d

agree with the comfort plug comments - have mine hidden behind the dash so I can park up and plug it in with ease. no need to remove the bonnet :d

I like this idea :d

Another Optimate user here. (Occasional though, as I don't find the car actually needs leaving on charge)

Another CTEK recommendation. My model's an XS4003 and has a setting for AGM batteries too. So it's good for my Odyssey PC680 AGM battery (Odyssey recommend CTEK too). When I was recently walking around my local BMW showroom I noticed that all the cars were hooked up to BMW branded chargers - but it was plain to see they were really CTEK's that were re-branded.

Many thanks folks. 

13 ayes for the "ctek"

3 "Optimate and 2 accugaurd.

Will now ponder over which one to buy.    Doh! cant decide .  Think ill phone a freind.

• Like 1

Even with a somewhat ageing race battey (appeared well used when I got the car,0 five years ago) I manage fine without, infact after 6months away with work the westfield started (just!) when I came back in November. Unlike the BMW (E36 Comp), which did not!

I also have a generic halfords charge (not trickle chard) that I bought in a hurry and use for charging the car up after and evening of messing about or whatever and for the trailers battery.

Daniel

Can I rig up a 'comfort plug' for my Halford's charger??  My battery is at the bottom of the passenger's footwell and it's not easy to get a good connection.  It's the connection at the battery end that's the problem.

Oxford Oximiser 900 here...just to be different!

Bought it for the motorbike, but will look after smaller car batteries too. Comes with comfort plug.

However, modern fe l type batteries shouldn't actually need 'maintaining', unless your car also has a constant drain, such as a clock or alarm...

Can I rig up a 'comfort plug' for my Halford's charger??  My battery is at the bottom of the passenger's footwell and it's not easy to get a good connection.  It's the connection at the battery end that's the problem.

No reason not to have a 'comfort plug' my battery is in the footwell, but I solve this by charging/jumping it off the +ve terminal on the back of the starter motor.

Depending on the 'halfords charger' it may or may not be suitable for being left on the car 24/7 as a maintenance/trickle charger.

Daniel