scottish power ,seriously you couldnt make it up

SteveD

they have agreed to pay out now after 3 weeks but wait for it 

they want all the tools and chargers that are burnt out , now two drills are ok but you cant buy chargers separate ,they told me they want the tools to see if there any use to them to keep and use themselves

seriously what the devil is that about ,I told em no way im keeping them so when I buy two new drills I have chargers for them or use em for spares , if they hadn't told me they wanted to keep and use themselves it wouldn't have bothered me

so now they are refusing to pay out until I give them the snap on impact gun and charger and my two drills ,cctv and alarm etc

Not sure how comparable it is, but on an insurance claim, returning damaged items, or parts left after other bits have been stolen is fairly normal. We see it all the time.

Boxes and manuals are the other favourites that the insurance companies want back.

If they're going to pay for a new drill plus charger, frankly, I'd just let them have the old one. What I wouldn't under any circumstance do is deliberately knacker the drill before returning it.

Absolutely fine if they replace all the affected tools with new ones, otherwise it's like me slashing the tyres on your van, offering to give you four new tyres but taking the van.

i understand that but the guy on the phone just asked me to return them with a driver and stated he wanted them to see if they were any use to him , thats what i have issue with

its there fault  that there screwed  up in the first place and if i wanted i could go for 3 days loss of earnings and charge them for fitting the lights and switches and 3 days spent on the phone etc but i have not as i thought i was being very reasonable just asking to replace the damaged items

Then say yep, no problem, you bring new for old to my workshop and you can have the stuff you fried, I'm too busy recovering lost income to wrap up stuff you destroyed and send it to you, but I'm happy to show it to your representative.

They will be using their insurance company so their loss adjusters should come to your company view the items and agree payment. When he arrives confirm they have new for old cover? Southern Water flooded my cellar some years ago and after a similar scenario to yours we discovered they were under insured and our insurance company had to make up the difference. 

As above and if the chargers are goosed let them have them and also collect from you. They may offer to replace chargers only but if they are only available as a complete unit you may have to bite the bullet. Time is money you shouldn't be running round after them particularly as they have now admitted liability. 

Be patient, almost sorted.

Bob :)