Speed series

conibear

What's all this about then? Can I play? if not this year, maybe next, with my seiw duratec. What must the car have and not have to be eligible? And can I do some this year as a guest if I decide not to register until next year?

Ta

Ian

Until some one else comes alomg.

1. Yes your car will be eligible as there is a class for everything in the speed series.  If you give some more details of your car we can let you know what class you will be in.

2.  My understanding is that as a member of the WSCC you would be able to attend sprints without registering for the series but you would not be on any of the mailing lists to get entries posted out to you so you would have to chase them.

To be honest you would be better off regestering for how much it costs and they you will ghet all the regs sent to you.

HTH and see you next year

Rob

Yup, definitely register. You'll easily spend more than £20 quid chasing entries, and you'll always be one step behind everyone else. Some events fill up really fast too, so it's worth it to know you're at the front of the queue, along with the rest of us.......

Rob, the SEIW car is new with standard roll bar, aeroscreen, minilite 13" X 6" front & 7" rear with ao32r's 'S' H rating, AP four pot front brakes & cylinder standard vented discs, rear standard discs and calipers, rose jointed suspension, Duratec 2 litre fuel injection 230bhp, 5 speed close ratio HD track T9 box, AP HD clutch, clutch cylinder, 4.09 LSD, standard Westfield injection alloy tank, 4-2-1 exhaust & 7" silencer, 4-point harness's. I've got battery cut-off switch but not fitted yet and inertia switch (fitted). Standard dash and no carbon. Does this help? I suspect I need 6-point harness's, RAC roll bar and a licence?

Thanks

Ian

aeroscreen, minilite 13" X 6" front & 7" rear with ao32r's

These two bits will put you in the road modified class in the series.

You will be up against the likes of Scott Beeland and Nick Algar.  They are running a 2lt VX and a bussa powered car.

You won't need six point harnesses to race but money spent on saftey kit is never badly spent IMO.  You will need to buy MSA approved race overalls and helmet if you dont already have one.  I can email you the spec if you need it.  Alll of these bits normally come with some discount at the autosport show in January at the NEC. You will need the licence which I think you can apply for on line.  If I new how to search or post links I would, but as my tallents dont go that far try www.msauk.org

I also forgot to anser you question Whats this all about.

The only answer to that one is FUN, and not just on track.

Give it a go mate

....Along with MSA approved roll bar..standard westfield bars are not upto the job/spec approx£ 250

You will be up against the likes of Scott Beeland and Nick Algar.  They are running a 2lt VX and a bussa powered car.

or me !

Ducky I thought you were selling your wheels man?

C U saturday

Buzz

What safety stuff do you need to compete?

RAC Roll bar, fire proof suit, helmet, cut off switch?

Is all this cover in the stuff that get sent out with the pre-reg pack?

Thanks

Neil

The things you will need to race are

A fire proof suit aproved to the MSA Standard ( Or the Best one you can Afford, the standard is the minimal)

A MSA aproved helmet

The MSA Licence.

As you will be running a road legal car you do not have to have the cut off swich or the RAC bar.  HOWEVER, as Buzz says it is a good idea as there have been several photos around showing how bad non braced roll bars can be.

The kill swich can be your key as long as you mark it with an on off mark.

The only other thing you will need is a 1lt catch tank for your car.

HTH

Rob

or me !

Another plan then mate  ;)  ;) I have just sorted myself some new tyres out :love:  :love:

I thourght you were state side till Friday ?  Or have you snuck back to do some drinking practice for the weekend  :devil:

If you ask for a "Beginners Guide" it is all contained within  :D  :D

Duck,

So the secrets out, your coming to play with the boys in "F" hey, great the more the merrier  :D  :D  :D  more chance of some 16 pointers for us all to go for  :devil:  :devil:

To Niel and conibear and any others, now is the time to get some secondhand stuff, like helmet and suit. Check out Racecar Bullitin Board for parts, cars etc it's a good site and lots of useful stuff comes up quite cheaply. You will stuggle to get a 2nd hand RAC bar, but there are a few manufacturers around.

Looking forward to another good year  :D  :D