• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Speed Series 2004 Pre-Registration Online

ACW

For once Scott, I was going to completely agree with you. Big engines, loads of power,slicks etc. Most of the time it comes down to can you drive  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Some of the well driven roadgoing cars can put up times the same or better than some slick cars.

So Greg with 1B tyres you get a bit extra grip, change classes into F, but have a ball.

Seriously the one point no-one has made yet is that with Sprints and Hillclimbs the person you are really cometeing against is yourself.  :D  Did you improve on your last time or your last time at that location.

The other point is that you think you are fast doing your trackdays, but forget it, do some Speed Series events and you will soon see that there is a lot more to learn  :devil:  :devil:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Turbo Tommo

• gregh

• scott beeland

Well maybe I will, maybe I won't!!

so if I end up on my sticky tyres, can I use my homemade aeroscreen in class F then???

Greg, I saw that at Cadwell. Saw the pillars down, they could have someone's eye out!

Saw the pillars down, they could have someone's eye out!

Yeh that was just a test run at Cadwell, I have a 2nd set of pillars which will get sawn down and rounded off somehow!

regards,

Greg

Get registered Greg. If you keep the small screen, you will be in "F", but realistically you will need to get some 1B's to be competitive. Why not have a full screen and go in road going with 1a's for your first year. That's what I've done and had a great time, and still been faster than Scott in "F"

Coat on................

Next year, the future's yellow

the futures yellow ! not for long barry  :0 you will either bend it or brake it  :arse: b*******

im going for bend it ! that week you bend it i am on holliday and my jig is out of service  ;)

i wouldnt mind a look at that as well.

i currently have a539s and an aero.  i dont want to put the windscreen back on (cos i prefer the aero) so i guess the aero puts me straight into F

spare set of wheels with ACB10's?  any idea of costs for a 2nd hand cheapy set with wheels (RS 4 spokes or similar)?

cheers Nanas, thats what I suspected, so I'll be sticking to trackdays methinks!

Greg

Greg Just do the speed series get the right 1a tyres and screen and come into road going. Its great fun and the events are excellent. I'll be doing selected events in 2004 in the V8

Croft,Knockhill,Elvington,King of the Mountains(OllieMount),Curboro' & Mira.......Just realised that i'll be mor3 than I did last year! re think me thinks

Buzz :0

Ok then, this speed series lark.

ATM I've got 15" rims with some tyre of some sort :)

Should I;

a) Gets 13s with ACB10's, A032Rs & flog the 15s

b) stick with 15s & got some Toyo Proxes

Would I still be in road going with either of the above tyres.

I've got a pretty standard vehicuule with RAC Roll bar.  Do I just need to comply with regs a flameproof suit, although I already own one for this forum ;):p

Ta!

cheers bananaman.  istr somewhere you can buy 2nd hand acb10's - can anybody remeber where it is?

There's a place called Miller Motorsport, I think there in Northampton?

They Get a lot of 6" ACB10's, carn't find there number right now. 118866 might be able to help?

Andy

Mike db. With your screen I would say go in roadgoing. Current opinion seems to be that best 1a tyres are of 15" flavour (and not necessarily toyos :D  :D )

13"  are best in 1b flavour.

Fit 1b's on your screened car and you automatically class yourself in F.

Errrrr TOMMO...............You seem to be going senile in yer advancing yrs :devil:  I definitely remember whuppin yer A*** at more than one meeting this yr :0  :0  :0

Must be your cranial exposure to sun distorting your memory :devil:  :devil: