Newbie about to purchase- pics included

Markie6575

Do your homework before u buy it.

was interested in buying this myself but have purchased something different

the guy that's selling it doesnt have any original westfield invoices and without those and build photos will be really really hard work to get road legal

Ash

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• Markie6575

• Rednop1

• XTR2Turbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycle Wings look wrong

No crash pad on dash

No cycle wing indicators

Non compliant steering wheel centre

Not sure about exhaust mount

Seats secure enough?

No reverse light

No rear reflectors

No seat belt mount covers behind seats

No rear bulkhead cover strip by belt mounts

Bonnet clips look non compliant

Headlight mounts may need cover strips

Wiring in engine bay is not all covered in conduit and not clipped neatly

Front indicator pod look like pre IVA ones, not wide enough

My guess would be there is no fuel tank crash bar fitted

Just a few observations from the photos, I think there is a fair bit of work to get this through IVA.

A fundamental thing as well is you have not built it, and you will get quizzed at IVA test as the forms categorically ask you if you have built it

I like a challenge but don't like spending to much, as long as there is nothing major wrong lots of small problems I just view as fun.

I saw the wing clearance straight off I assumed it had bigger wheels at some point

Please don't take the observations as being negative, just realistic.  We tend to be a bunch protective of each other is all.  Although it obviously has issues, it's far from impossible and the members are great support and cheerleaders.  Best of luck whatever you do.  :)

I think Mark is going to use it as a track car only as a post above says he's not concerned about the IVA.

Assuming that's correct how easy or difficult will it be for the next owner to get it on the road. Some comments above think it may be difficult if not impossible.

Excellent advice guys thanks

I got £1000 off the asking price as I do want to iva the car and think there is a fair bit of work to be done,as far as I know plenty of documents but no photos of build. :(

norm

I read this as he wants to get it road legal

with

I think Mark is going to use it as a track car only as a post above says he's not concerned about the IVA.

Assuming that's correct how easy or difficult will it be for the next owner to get it on the road. Some comments above think it may be difficult if not impossible.

with 3 iva's under my belt you get to know alittle and in no way do I know everything. 

when I did my first I was told by the very nice lady at vosa build photos are a must without them no test and invoices are the same and  if for any reason the guy in the approvals dept is not happy he will call you and if he is not happy with your answers or with any of the paperwork he can refuse you a test  and he can give you a right grilling I have spoken to him :d

I think if you don't have the invoices and photos only way is to pay factory to test under their limited volume commercial status rather than as a self build.

Sorry, I read that as DON'T not DO.

It's old age :)

So he will have a problem getting it through an IVA. I wonder if he realised.

If I strip it down and take photos of rebuild, will that be sufficient for iva ?

Can a copy of invoice not be obtained from westfield?

I'm new to all this and looking forward to the challenge but don't want to be stuck with something impossible to iva

Edited by Markie6575

Yes think u would get away with stripping it.somebody else did that.

Westfield will not do you copys of the invoices already asked that

Westfield will not do you copys of the invoices already asked that

Not really a surprise there, if any company ever gave someone else copies of their invoices to me, I'd be absolutely livid.

OK, let's stop beating around the bush and be direct about this (in a nice way) - what's the asking price?  That way we can compare it with used examples of a similar spec that have been sold and say whether or not it's a fair price for what it is - in our less than humble opinions, of course.

If Mark knows the original builders details then he could ask if they can obtain copies and post them on. If he doesn't know the original builders details maybe Westfield could pass a message to him.

Scott, in these circumstances I'm not sure the prices are relevant. Mark thought the price was OK and he seems happy. The price of anything is what someones willing to pay for it.

Now then, what's the price of violins today?