Autotest

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Terry, I said potentially illegal - re-read post #30.  That's the official position, not going to debate it.

Mid Life, will let you know if I get anywhere with this but don't hold your breath. To many negatives flying about, might have to spend a few million buying a field on the top of Mount Everest and getting someone to tarmac it for me LOL.

Would that be to far to travell for you?

Terry

Scott, until proven illegal then it's legal.

All I'm doing is contacting like minded people for information.

Terry

Terry the Autosolo at the Blackburn services was just like a mini sprint course, no use of reverse gear, just a quick blat against the clock.

People had a go in their normal roadgoing cars.

Just a bit of fun on a Sunday for not a lot of money.

As I said Terry, not debating it.  The club position is very clear as I've already outlined, and the committee will take whatever action is necessary to protect the club and its members from being exposed to unnecessary risk.  If you have any questions on the subject, ask first before posting and the committee will be pleased to give advice.

I have no questions for the committee on this subject. So in the interim and the fact that I consider this to be getting way off topic I understand that what I am doing will not put the WSCC as risk therefore the matter is closed.

Mid Life, Thats sound OK to me. You got any more info on that? I guess Mount Everest is out then?

Terry

Terry the Autosolo at the Blackburn services was just like a mini sprint course, no use of reverse gear, just a quick blat against the clock.

People had a go in their normal roadgoing cars.

Just a bit of fun on a Sunday for not a lot of money.

You have summed that up well - first and second gear, forwards only, mix of abilities and all in a roadgoing cars - I have even seen a Volvo 760 Estate have a go! At Club level this is grassroots have-a-go Motorsport....

Here's an introductory video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Juy3EnCy-Gc

I

I have no questions for the committee on this subject. So in the interim and the fact that I consider this to be getting way off topic I understand that what I am doing will not put the WSCC as risk therefore the matter is closed.

Mid Life, Thats sound OK to me. You got any more info on that? I guess Mount Everest is out then?

Terry

I have no idea who did organise these events, but will do a bit of work to see if I can find out.

At the time I was involved in the speed series, and concentrating on winning class A, and did not want to compromsise and stretch the car by entering any non ss events.

I then totaled my engine and after the very expensive rebuild, have not got around to competing since.

I know having in the past spoken to a number of North West owners, who would be interested in events like these, it would be good to investigate further.

I'd have a go at that. Wheres me car keys LOL.

Need where and when, suppose google Bristol Motor Club and get somewhere closer to home like Blackburn.

Terry

Andy, nice one.

SWMBO has her sisters down from Scotland this weekend so playing host. Wonder what time train back is on the Sunday?

Terry

I have asked my NW colleague to share the key Clubs and venues and will post here, with other areas on request.

Bispers, if you could that would be much appreciated.

In the mean time I will be turning up at Blackburn to see whats what, don't know what time at the moment but anybody else fancy a look?

No Westy as will be dropping of the wifes sisters at Preston train station. Will be in Grey CRV, if anybody sees me introduce yourself.

Just reading the regs and not sure if the R1R's are allowed but still have my old set of tyres which I will have to check if allowed.

Terry

I'm up for that Tery

Can't see any regs though !

Do you want to post them up here.

Edited to say:-

Doh just found them!

Will be in a silver Volvo V 70

D

Shall we book the Volvo & CRV in LOL

Do you know what time you will be attending?

I don't at the moment but will post Saturday when I know,

Terry