Autotest

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

I am interested in doing a few local autotests.

But

Would be more interested in days of learning my car control and experiment with understeer oversteer balance on open areas with no likely hood of hitting anything except cones.

Seen this sort of thing down south (inc members) but not up'int'north west

slightly different but worksop motor club use to do an Autosolo event though not sure if they still do. 

There will be Autotests and/or AutoSolo events that you can do without needing an MSA licence, just a Club membership.

If you PM me your email address and where you are based I can put you in touch with my Go Motorsport colleague for your area to guide on possible Clubs.

Likewise if anyone else is interested or needs more general information just let me know.

Andrew

central@gomotorsport.net

Bisper, thanks for your input, sounds like good news rather than everybody going a bit negative in something that I feel everybody would like to have a go at.

Have sent PM.

Terry

Just to make absolutely clear here, the idea of blasting around on a quiet car park or private paved land has been brought up before on the boardroom.  When it was looked into, the advice was to remove it from public view and not condone it in any manner as this is potentialy a legal public nuisance situation, and the MSA could come into it and jeopardise the club's membership of that organisation, as all WSCC members are subject to MSA guidelines, not just Speed Series drivers.

Scott, I have been quite clear that I don't want the WSCC to be involved in this so don't make it to be a big issue. I use the WSCC site to contact other members who might be interested in this. It does not mean that the WSCC are authorising what I or other people get up to.

MSA, Speed series? what have they got to do with it?

Terry

Terry, we're not telling you not to do it (as if we could) - it's your choice.  But the prevention of promoting things on the boardroom that may cause legal problems for the club or its members is not being a killjoy, it's common sense, boiler plate protection so we have a club to enjoy in future.

Whatever you end up doing, have fun, be safe and stay legal.

Scott, I have been quite clear that I don't want the WSCC to be involved in this so don't make it to be a big issue. I use the WSCC site to contact other members who might be interested in this. It does not mean that the WSCC are authorising what I or other people get up to.

MSA, Speed series? what have they got to do with it?

Terry

Terry the WSCC is affiliated to the MSA, this provides certain benifits to all the members not just those competing in the speed series. If the club or members don't abide by their rules then ultimately it is everyone in the club that looses out.

Do you want to be the person that spoils it for the rest of us?

• Like 4

Not sure which club organisided it, but there used to be an Autosolo event at the Blackburn services on the M65.

No idea if they still do it.

:)

Don't want to be taken the wrong way here but in plain english so no misunderstandings.

Do not want it associated with WSCC, not going that route as WSCC will trash it before it got of the ground. Ain't got a licence and not going to get one either, £30 quid not a chance but thanks for the info.

Just want to know if anybody got a carpark somewhere out in the sticks not near houses cos of the noise and private land so the rozzers can't complain. Just want to muck about and have a laugh but not on public roads.

My post says it all so I'm not getting dragged into this with anybody

Terry

Scott, I have been quite clear that I don't want the WSCC to be involved in this so don't make it to be a big issue. I use the WSCC site to contact other members who might be interested in this. It does not mean that the WSCC are authorising what I or other people get up 

Terry, if we allow someone to openly promote potentially illegal activities on the WSCC boardroom, we are clearly involved and effectively condoning it.  Not making this a big issue either, but there is a requirement to be clear here that any such posts will be removed and action taken.  Mark has already put it well, for which I thank him.  Sorry you disagree, but that's what the reality is and we would be remiss if we didn't make it plain for all.

AutoSolo is an MSA recognised discipline (in the Autotest section of the MSA Blue Book.)

I can only recommend events running under MSA permits for the reasons others have mentioned above. My key point though is that there are Club level events where being a member of the organising Club, or an invited Club, meets the key driver entry criteria and there is no need for a Competition Licence.

This has been key to the growth of AutoSolo and competitors stay in this type of event, moving-up into Championships which do require a Competition Licence and/or into Speed events and other disciplines. There will be a demonstration event under the Go Motorsport banner, giving free passenger rides, at Autosport International next January on the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

There are plenty of Autotests and AutoSolos around the Regions and I'm happy to help people find events local to them.

• Like 1

Yes there was a small entry fee Terry, think it was about £ 30.00 for the day, and there were some safety checks.

I never entered the events, just spectated.

Seemed fun though on a sunny Sunday.

If you find an event let me know and i might take the old girl out (the car not the wife)

:)

Scott, I have not given anybody the idea that I was going to do something illegal, only you have mentioned this. Private land with no houses around so won't make a noise problem. How is that illegal?

Bispers, thanks for the info. But not thinking about entering as I have never tried what I feel is a very skillfull art on the part of the driver and of course setting up of the car to do all those turns on a sixpence. Just want to have a go and see what happens somewhere private and out of the way.

Terry