2L Zetec (Silvertop) Sump - No longer required

Quinten

Q - not aimed at you in the slightest mate - Jeez what a shocker refered to the sheer bad luck in bumping the thermostat off your engine. Your car will be very well looked after at NMS :-)

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying that James, the stress of it all is slowly getting to me :(

Mods, maybe a good idea to close the thread? Or even better, Admin, enable the OP to close their own threads in the For Sale/Wanted section? </suggestion>

Quinten, now worries, it's all part of the ownership experience mate.  as you said, get it fixed once and for all then enjoy 000's of miles of trouble free motoring :-)

• Like 1

Maybe I was born lucky

But I've used a tiger sump un baffled this year

4 sprints

1 trackday

2 spins into the scenery !!!!!!

Video cam showing dashboard and oil light never light up once

I've always keep the oil level at the top

This winter I've had time to make baffles and it's away being welded now, as I'm getting softer tyres for next season instead of 888 on GG compound

I used the standard sump for about the first 3 years which included loads of track days and never had a problem, I was told I was a lucky  :arse:

I only changed mine because of the ground clearance and sick of worrying to go anywhere just in case

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.