MSA Rule changes

Kev Bamber

did anyone take note of the rule changes that they were trying to stir us up about at Anglesey. One seemed to be the enclosure of air filters - any others that might cause us problems??

Don't recall reading about this in the MSA mag, and a quick check of the MSA web site shows that the last rules update they uploaded was October 2002............so no help there then.......

When's the next MSA mag due out?

Kev

Me and Robbo spoke with Martin and Sarah at Ty Croes about it - I rang the MSA today - the man there said wot  ???  ???  sorry I don't know anything about that  ???  ???  ???

I've still got some phoning to do and will let all SS drivers know the full and complete situation ASAP  ;)  ;)  ;)

At present it just seems that this weekends excellent meeting was dampened slightly not by the rain shower but by that total  :arse: ole of a scruter Chris Hairyface who seemed intent in his obnoxious manner to wind up every Westfield driver  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:

Sadly the  :arse:  is also an MG eligibility scruter and comes as a package with Ty Croes  :(  :(  :(

Thanks for the link, Things are getting clearer. I think they were refering to the item REGULATIONS FOR SPRINTS, HILLCLIMBS AND DRAG RACING in the MSA regulations sections which although posted in Oct 2002, is intended to come into force Jan 2004. Can't see owt to worry bout though. (Go to Blatters MSA link, then the NEWS tab, then MSA Regulations & it's in there).

As for Hairyface, he told Nunny he could stop him running 'cos his Toyota isn't on the approved list, and only two engines are - what book does he read his info from, Alice in wonderland? I'd like to see him stop Nunny though!!

If he doesn't have a proper grasp of the rules, is there no official route to take with regards reporting him to the proper authorities? I mean, scruters are themselves holders of some sort of MSA licence/approval, are they not? Can the MSA withdraw this licence/approval if a scruter demonstrates a complete ignorance of the rules he's supposed to be upholding?

It's a question I often muse on...........

I had a long chat with a person tonight - Mr  :arse: Hairyface is a known  :arse:  :arse: Who presently seems to be winding it up.

The MSA are being called very soon for clarification on the matter of his comments.

Mr Hairyface could not stop Nunny from running ever  :angry:  :angry:  He is the MG Eligibility scrutineer only, his other job is that of Safety Scruter and NOT eligibility scruter for the WSCC Speed Series therefore he has no legislation for what is approved for our championship or any other  :angry:  :angry:  :)  :)  :D

Would you SS guys like our Championship Co-Ordinator to put in an official complaint about Mr Hairyface's attitude  ???  ???  should his comments prove to be incorrect, upon our on-going investigation  :)  ???  ???

spam boy i say we just kick the s**t out of him the next time he shows his ugly mush  :angry:  ;)  :t-up: that will make me feel better and probably a lot of other people as well  ;)

shame I didn't enter for Ty Croes....it would have been interesting asking him if my car was eligible for a Westfield championship or not  ;)  :D

The MSA website listed Rule Changes dated Oct 2002 mentioned by Blatters apply from 1 Jan 2003 and are therefore in force now.  The changes that we are talking about are those that are on pages 46, 48 and 49 of the Summer 2003 edition of MSA's Motorsports Now! magazine and are due to come into effect on 1 Jan 2004.  According to the article they were ratified by the Council on 5 June 2003 so I guess there is no room for negotiation!  

Having said all that from a quick look it would appear that the wording is very similar but I or hopefully one of you other eagle eyed rule readers will confirm if there are any relevant changes.

Keith the Teeth  :D

Ihad a look at this when I got back from Anglesey. My interpretation is that side elevation sillhouette has to remain as "standard" above the wheel centres with the exception of engine and boot covers. So does this mean we are safe from the rule and don't all have to go getting airboxes or other form of filtration or are we waiting for an official msa ruling??

We have a man on the case with the MSA - aso soon as pucker info is found out we will notify everyone.

But at present it does still sound "open" to interpretation by scruters  ;)  :(  :)

Open to interpretation :p  Is that what it's called when the scrute :arse:  pulls me for having a gap in me pedal cover that could let flames in; then tells me to cover it with gaffer tape ???

Like that's fireproof!! :durr:  :durr:

Would you SS guys like our Championship Co-Ordinator to put in an official complaint about Mr Hairyface's attitude  

The problem with official complaints is that it usually gets someone upset to the point that they get  :arse: ey! My attitude would be to smile and walk away which was how I dealt with "your engine is illegal in this class cos it a Vauxhall and its not a registered engine for this car" comment by "Mr Hairyface" scrotineer at Anglesey this weekend. Seems to work with most "nit picking" types.

Perhaps a quiet word to the one of the Scrote's friends might help for next year? (if he has any)! ???

The problem with official complaints is that it usually gets someone upset to the point that they get  :arse: ey!

On the other hand, maybe they're (the organising club) looking to get shot of him 'cos the bad vibes are causing problems.......you never know......... ???

If he's *that* bad, it's gotta be worth a punt.............

Perhaps a quiet word to the one of the Scrote's friends might help for next year? (if he has any)!

To be actioned very sooooooooooon  :D  ;)  and no he hasn't got any  :D

For Ty Croes next year, what I would like to do before any Westfield is scruted is to have a quiet word with organisers and all the scrutes  ;)  :D  :)  explaining that we are not MG's registered for an MG class and therefore do not come into any MG Class legislation and request that all Westfields are scruted by a competant, polite and well mannered scruter who is more aware of a Westfield and its build nature  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :)

Luckily I queued through in the left lane and managed to avoid him, for once  :D  :D  ;)