No longer wanted: My first Westie

Quinten

Was good to finally see a Westie being in a position to buy, but this one wasn't for me...  Hard to put my finger on it, but not having anything to compare against is one reason.

So...  onwards and upwards...  anyone else got anything to offer? :d

I didn't view that Quinten but kept looking at the advert over and over while searching and came to same decision. I saw mine and knew it was what I wanted when I pulled up so I know that feeling!

Happy searching...

Cheers peet, I'm sure one will come along...  just need to test my patience ;)

Q - it took me 5 years to find one in budget for what i wanted to do with it..

We're currently a 1 car family so if I told my wife she would be without a car for the next 5 years, I'd be signing the divorce papers the next day :d

Quinten, I had to loose a lot of weight to fit in my narrow mate :-) you will find one soon enough

• Like 1

Did you fit in it OK?

With the seats in (padded and on runners) I was able to sit in it, but the steering wheel was again on my legs.  When we then took the seat out and I just sat on the floor against the rear I had lots of space.  All I really need is a fluffy pillow to sit on ;)

A smaller steering wheel, or one a tad further away from the dash, may have already been sufficient to create enough space.

Thats good news Quinten - at least you know you can fit 6'5" into a westfield - albeit with a few modifications....  400 miles a week on a fluffy pillow is going to be fun mate - espcially on a day like this weather wise !! 

Good luck with your quest...

James

• Like 1

One thing has been bugging me, and after asking my Westfield owning friend I am none the wiser.  The seat was taken out after we had our test drive and when I sat in it, leaning against the back panel, I needed to stretch my arms to get to the steering wheel.  It was then I noticed that my right arm had to be stretched further out (ever so slightly, but still noticable) than my left arm.

Picture below is exaggerated, but you get the idea.

steering.jpg

I asked the guy if the steering wheel was on wrong and he told me that the steering wheel was parallel with the dash, and therefore on straight.

We didn't put the seat back in, so I can not say if I also would have noticed it with the seat in, but could it be that the part I was leaning against is at a slight angle and that the seat would correctly place the driver at equal lengths towards the steering wheel? Not sure if that makes sense?

Maybe your right arm is on too tight.  Rotate your right arm several hundred times anti-clockwise to loosen it. :d

Hmmm, that is an odd one - if it's parallel with the dash, then either the steering column / wheel and the scuttle are on crooked, or the back panel you leaned against is crooked.

Or you're crooked. :d

Only one solution, of course - try another Westfield and see if it's like that too.  Or take a tape measure with you when you see it again. :t-up:

The column should be offset slightly offset, it's part of the frontal impact thing, so that the column is pointing straight at you.

Maybe your right arm is on too tight.  Rotate your right arm several hundred times anti-clockwise to loosen it. :d

Hmmm, that is an odd one - if it's parallel with the dash, then either the steering column / wheel and the scuttle are on crooked, or the back panel you leaned against is crooked.

Or you're crooked. :d

Only one solution, of course - try another Westfield and see if it's like that too.  Or take a tape measure with you when you see it again. :t-up:

Yes, now I know how my arms felt I will have no problem noticing anything different with another Westie... but with no Westies around yet I was hoping my mind could have been put at rest...

The column should be offset slightly offset, it's part of the frontal impact thing, so that the column is pointing straight at you.

I sort of understand, but I don't :d Maybe a picture would help?

Q - it took me 5 years to find one in budget for what i wanted to do with it..

Q - it took me 5 minutes to find one and completely blow my budget! :d

Haven't regretted it for a moment!!

"When you know, you know" and it's the start of a beautiful relationship :t-up:

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.