No longer wanted: My first Westie

Quinten

See what works for you :) I know some taller drivers prefer the top mounted pedals, while others prefer floor mounted. Likewise dropped floors will seat you differently to a flat floor. As James said, try a few and see what's comfortable for you :yes:

I'm fully intend to try a few, but I think I have the seasons/weather against me…

The last owner of my car was 6'3" slim and fitted in my car with the Westfield race seat and no dropped floor.  Another 2' as you are and some mods mentioned in previous posts will fit you in.  It will depend on your ratio of body to leg length on which mods you need to do. 

I do like the comment that you don't want to frequently tune the carbs,  a Westfield is usually bought because the owners like to tune, fiddle, tweak and modify their pride and joy, some actually drive it now and again :)

Well aware of the 'only driven in the sunshine' westies, but I intend to drive it come rain come shine.  It's a tall plan, but I just need to get it out of my system (and after the grief swmbo has given me I can't back down now ;))…  more driving, less fettling!

Just had a reply from the seller (who shall remain an anonymous WSCC member ;)) that he has changed his mind in selling it after he test drove the car that was supposed to replace it... I guess nothing comes close to a well sorted Westie, eh? Doh!

...and after the grief swmbo has given me I can't back down now ;))

Is that her in your avatar? ;):d

• Like 1

Hi Quinten, I will be selling my Mazda MX5 SDV shortly, it is a widebody with lowered floors and has EFI. I am away for work until next week but I could email through some info and pics if your interested?

Scott

Hi Quinten, I will be selling my Mazda MX5 SDV shortly, it is a widebody with lowered floors and has EFI. I am away for work until next week but I could email through some info and pics if your interested?

Scott

Yes please.  I've not seen such a Westfield before so please give me as much info as possible :)  My email is q at awooga dot nl (yes, that's right, I'm Dutch, but do not hold that against me ;))

Quinten, I'm in Northampton mate and will be out in my westfield tonight. Will also be a load of us down at the mecca for west fields Northampton Motor Sport on Saturday - come down and see us and bring the Mrs.....

• Like 1

Quinten, I'm in Northampton mate and will be out in my westfield tonight. Will also be a load of us down at the mecca for west fields Northampton Motor Sport on Saturday - come down and see us and bring the Mrs.....

Hi Alexander,

Isn't the event at NMS on Sunday?  :oops:   I will be there though :d  Look forward to meeting a few locals!

edit: Doh!  It is Saturday!  Well, I still be there :d

Yes please.  I've not seen such a Westfield before so please give me as much info as possible :)  My email is q at awooga dot nl (yes, that's right, I'm Dutch, but do not hold that against me ;))

Email sent although I just re read your op and realise my asking price might be a bit higher than you are looking to pay.

Cheers

Scott

• Like 1

Email sent although I just re read your op and realise my asking price might be a bit higher than you are looking to pay.

Cheers

Scott

And received, thanks!

It looks very tidy from what I can see, but unless you're willing to discuss that asking price, then in the words of a dragon: I'm out ;)

Don`t know how your search is going but just to put my 10 penath in about carbs and floors.

You have probably seen my Westfield Duratec advertised on the Boardroom.

This car runs on twin 45 webers with Alpha Ignition and it goes like the clappers.

I hill climb it so it is not driven for the daily commute. I have no problems with carbs I have not had to touch them since the current engine was installed 12 events ago. I also ran the car for 5 years prior to this with a 2.0L Zetec before this with 203bhp on the same carbs with the same level of reliability.

This car puts out around 260bhp and revs to 8600rpm and is very competitive. I thought of going down the injection route but once I tried the carbs I was amazed how good they were.

I also have the dropped floor version, I find the driving position better than the flat floor car as you feel like you are sitting in the car rather than on it, particularly when the car has a windscreen, as a tall man you may find your head would be in the airflow. The centre of gravity is also lower. It`s all down to personal preference.

I think it`s much more important to get a well built car, the engine is easier to replace.

Pitty your budget doesn't run to my car.

I may be splitting the car and selling the rolling chassis without the engine and box this would be around £6k without the racing wheels.

Good look with your search

Steve Spiers

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.