Power, charity and the 2013 Speed Series Champ!

Barry S

yeah - well done Del, thats a cracking car.  Wait til I have rebuilt mine - i'll be on your tail (about a mile behind) :-)

• Like 1

An excellent day out!  Thanks to Matt for the organisation and everyone at NMS for their time and welcome.  Hugely educational.

It was extremely interesting to see so many engine options represented and be able to see the power and torque comparrisons.

Some wonderful donations to the charity as well and to top it all off .......it did not rain!

Thanks again

Keith

Well, it does mean you've been driving it like a lady !!!

sounds like a few tired engines lol  time for rebuilds :d

I need a rebuild now, dead on my feet this baby thing is not al it is cracked up to be yet !!!

Dels car is a fantastic piece of his engineering expertise and a credit to him

It goes likes stink

• Like 1

Excellent day out. Thanks to Matt for organising and big thanks to the guys at NMS and that after working their socks off, the hospitality, to then donate their fees to the charity.

• Like 2

Great thread,

I'm slightly surprised at the result Barry. 247 is a powerful westy but not that unusual, it just goes to show what an exceptional season you've had, remember kids, its not all about massive power...

but I hope it helps!

Superb gesture from NMS, well done all.

• Like 1

Sounds like it was a great day. Thanks to NMS, Matt and all involved. Sorry I couldn't make it.

This work lark doesn't half get in the way of your social life!

Hi Rich

I had in my mind a genuine 250 - 260 so not too suprised, its great cos it means I have planty of scope for more power with a little work ;)

Mummmmmm power,,,,,,,, :laugh:

Cheers

Barry

With the revs you have Barry, I would expect there's more by swinging the cam timing

The biggest surprise to me was Keiths. Torque figure was OK but the power was about 20 down on what I would expect

Barry

Just out of interest what was the power figure at the wheels and at what revs  did you get max power

The biggest surprise to me was Keiths

Given the engine spec both the previous owner and I were well pleased with the result especially as the car is running on the original map supplied by SBD and as never been on a dyno before.

Keith