Essex Blat of France 2014 Now July 24th - 27th

Pistol Pete

Another fantastic day, little over cast and cooler for the 150 miles down to Reims. Some amazing farm roads through the vine yards, had a lovely play with a masarati through a great forest road.

All finished with a blast around the old gp curcuit and lots of photos outside the pit complex. Couldnt resist another lap with a full bore second gear start past the pits.

Heading home tomorrow, but having a great time. Off for a beer in the town :).

• Like 1

950 miles over 4 days, but all finished now and back at work :(

Reims was a great town to visit with a lovely holiday atmosphere that had a real vibe about it. ;)  ;)

Heading home on the last, we called in for an hour to visit Vimy Ridge. Wow, what a place. Really does open your eyes and brings home to you a tiny glimse of what it was like for them (Thanks to David for the suggestion), especially seeing creators still scarring the landscape.

Was an amazing trip with four days on great mix of roads, sunshine and tempreatures in the high 20's, low 30's. Venturing into the small Tabac/Bars for refreshments we were greeted with friendly hello's all around (including other customers) and some light banter over my French.   :d  :d

Would really recommend heading over to France in your Westy, get off the motorway network and the roads and people are fanastic :t-up:  :t-up:

Welcome back, Pete. My drives through France are often spoiled by a large white box very close in my rear view mirror! One day I'll get away without it

• Like 1

Welcome back Pete, it sounds like you had a good time but we do need to see the obligatory pictures :d (although keep a few for the mag and photo comp)

Vimy Ridge is a thought provoking place, it's easy to see from it's location atop the hill why it played such a significant part in the war and the monument that now stands there is quite a feat of engineering and piece of sculpture.

Honfluer

20140725_101407_zpse0b4aed7.jpg

IMG_5560_zpse076a460.jpg

IMG_5562_zpsd8dd6686.jpg

Tucked up for the night in Amiens

IMG_5566_zpsfda13fd3.jpg

• Like 1

We'll done Pete, love the harbour shots, very pretty.

Another green with envy over his breakfast serial!

Hope you'll treat us to something for the magazine.  ;)  :yes: 

• Like 1

The first habour shot was taken by Gail on her phone and is much better than the shots i took with my dslr. Will pass your comments on :)