• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Bananaman

• Linds

• Mark Stanton

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my first meeting as well.

Meeting was very well run, and what a friendly lot you all are.

Special thanks to the organisers and marshalls, your work was most appreciated.

Went into the day with apprehension, and came out with a smile on my face.

Need to improve the handling for my next one....  

One thing does concern me, and that is that this was the second Curborough in a row when a throttle has stuck wide open.  This time it resulted in an injury.  How often does this happen?

As far as i know a stuck throttle has cuased three major incident (one of them mine).  I also know of at least two other drivers who have had a stuck throttle and got away without hitting anything.

...no serious consequences, but it also happened to the factory supported car on "A Racecar is Born" on TV during his Gurston Down episode - and that was with the Westie Works mechanic (Todger or whateverhisnamewas...) prepping the car   :D

With regards the sticking throttle, I belive that the two incidents at Curborough (this yesr & last were caused by different problems.

Last year i think it was a stone stuck under the  throttle pedal -resolved by drilling hole in floor under pedals.

this year it was caused by a burr on the ally inner panel- worth checking these B4 your next event. :t-up:

andy