Essex Blat 22 Sept - Dave's on the Road Blat :0

Pistol Pete

Yes sorry about that Bernie, took me a while to realise there are other roads to blat on, but i got there in the end.

meeting McDonalds at boreham at 8:30am (leaving there at 9) then should be at the harvester on the a414 @ 9:30 to collect Andy and co. the route in 60 miles in total finishing at a pub in rayne (just west of braintree).

Not sure where you are based but if you can join us at the meeting point - we will be there for 20 minutes. If you fancy joining in we should be able to get you in a spare passenger seat.

Smokey - do you have one going spare? Or anybody else for that matter.

Brentwood Pete,

am happy just to pop up and look at cars for 20 mins and have a quick chat.  Looking to potentially buy soon but the variety is astonishing.

Is this the Harvester?

271 High Rd

North Weald Bassett, Epping, Essex CM16 6EE

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.724449,0.182347&ie=UTF8&ll=51.724449,0.182347&spn=0.00731,0.021007&t=m&z=14&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.724449,0.182347&ie=UTF8&ll=51.724449,0.182347&spn=0.00731,0.021007&t=m&z=14&iwloc=A&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Not sure where you are based but if you can join us at the meeting point - we will be there for 20 minutes. If you fancy joining in we should be able to get you in a spare passenger seat.

Smokey - do you have one going spare? Or anybody else for that matter.

I'll have a spare seat if my paperwork comes through on time :oops:

The location map is correct. The entrance is round the back in Weald Bridge Road though.

I'm trying to arrange a meeting point in North Weald Airfield but doubt I'll get permission before Sunday, so for now the pub will do.

Oh, and I have shotgun seat going.

Is this the Harvester?

271 High Rd

North Weald Bassett, Epping, Essex CM16 6EE

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.724449,0.182347&ie=UTF8&ll=51.724449,0.182347&spn=0.00731,0.021007&t=m&z=14&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.724449,0.182347&ie=UTF8&ll=51.724449,0.182347&spn=0.00731,0.021007&t=m&z=14&iwloc=A&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Brentwood Pete,

am happy just to pop up and look at cars for 20 mins and have a quick chat.  Looking to potentially buy soon but the variety is astonishing.

We'll see you at McDonalds at 8:30 on Sunday then, Mark and I (the two Area Organisers) will be in blue WSCC shirts so make sure you say h and ask lots of questions.

Yep, that post code is correct - no hope of me finding the enterance though - so look out for circling Westfields :)

ITN file sent to the usual suspects, if you would like the ITN then please PM me your email address.

Thanks Pete :t-up: received but haven't had a chance to look at the route yet :) does this one involve any fords or maybe a green lane :oops:

nice title pete :) :) :)

no fords please. don't want my shiney car getting dirty :d :d

to ensure I don't turn up at the wrong place, is it the McDonald's just off the a12 next the bp garage and premiere inn here CM2 5PS :d

to ensure I don't turn up at the wrong place, is it the McDonald's just off the a12 next the bp garage and premiere inn here CM2 5PS :d

that's the one :)

I have just received permission to meet up at The Squadron NAAFI on North Weald Airfield if you fancy a change from the Harvester. They open at 09:00 for the usual tea, coffee, etc.

http://www.northwealdairfieldhistory.org/content/squadron

Thoughts...?

looks ok to me, although for us Essex lot it will need to be a flying visit!

i presume we just follow the service road right around the outside, do we need any names etc to get through the security gate?

No specific instructions on that front, however the people who I have been speaking to are Alan Crouchman from Epping Forrest Council and Lee from The Squadron.

I assume too, that the route in is round the perifiery, I'm sure the chaps on the gate can help. If we are agreed, then I'll aim to get there well before 09:30 and scope it out, you have my number if needed...?