fab news Croft Sprint

cast iron

Will we have a potential problem over sound levels, that is those who have a fairly noisy exhaust?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew

• Terry Everall

• Scottish Bloke

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Will we have a potential problem over sound levels, that is those who have a fairly noisy exhaust?

What static noise level have they set for the event Stephen?

It will be the usual MSA limit unless stated otherwise in the Regs. I think this will be a Croft noisey day.

Normal 108 at 2/3rds. But if you can pass 105 then you should be fine. :d

What static noise level have they set for the event Stephen?

I don't know, hence my original post on this topic. I can pass a test for 105 dB at up to about 5,500 rpm or a bit more, but I'm very close or beyond that limit if I rev it to 6,000. Of course, when the scrut. asks what it revs to, I don't know if I'm going to be asked for 2/3rds. max revs or 3/4s. It's the latter which causes me severe probs. Actually, I can just about cope with a 102 dB test if I don't have to rev it beyond about 5,200 rpm, so if I say it revs to 8,000 and I'm asked for 2/3rds max I'm fine, but if they then say they want 3/4 max revs I'm in the S***!!

I did a trackday there last week and was asked for 5,2500 rpm when i declared my red line was 7k :oops:   but I took it  to 6,000rpm out of curiosity  and I measured 97db :t-up:  

was on track all day and didnt see anyone have an issue with noise even on driveby and there was some loud cars there! oh and  it was a 105b day  :t-up:  :t-up:

• 2 months later...

I don't know, hence my original post on this topic. I can pass a test for 105 dB at up to about 5,500 rpm or a bit more, but I'm very close or beyond that limit if I rev it to 6,000. Of course, when the scrut. asks what it revs to, I don't know if I'm going to be asked for 2/3rds. max revs or 3/4s. It's the latter which causes me severe probs. Actually, I can just about cope with a 102 dB test if I don't have to rev it beyond about 5,200 rpm, so if I say it revs to 8,000 and I'm asked for 2/3rds max I'm fine, but if they then say they want 3/4 max revs I'm in the s***!!

I used to have similar problems Stephen, so I de-tuned my XE engine, max revs now 6500 :t-up:  :blush:

I used to have similar problems Stephen, so I de-tuned my XE engine, max revs now 6500 :t-up:  :blush:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

The lies roll off your tongue so naturally. :p  :p  :p

last time i went was about 3 years ago ish , it was chuffin freezing all night ,i slept in my van in a sleeping bag fully dressed with my trainers on and a bobble hat and coat , i was shaking all night it was that cold it felt like i was sleeping naked outside ,if my race overalls were not inside my car in my trailer i would have put those on to

all the next day(race day) i didnt get warm i could not feel my feet i didnt get warm until i was half way home and had the heater on full , never again ever ever ever

last time i went was about 3 years ago ish , it was chuffin freezing all night ,i slept in my van in a sleeping bag fully dressed with my trainers on and a bobble hat and coat , i was shaking all night it was that cold it felt like i was sleeping naked outside ,if my race overalls were not inside my car in my trailer i would have put those on to

all the next day(race day) i didnt get warm i could not feel my feet i didnt get warm until i was half way home and had the heater on full , never again ever ever ever

Must have been this day then.. :)

DSCF4220c.jpg