Ty Croes Sprint Parade Lap; FINAL CALL!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

gallery_15316_121_45561.jpg

Those of you enjoying the Speed Series, or sprinting with other series will no doubt be familiar with the Ty Croes event. For those that aren't, the Lancashire & Cheshire Car Club and MG Car Club North West have been organising sprints at the fantastic Anglesey circuit for over eighteen years.

The events have always been hugely popular, with a tremendous atmosphere and often heavily over subscribed - club folk lore is full of stories of us turning up at Sarah and Martins house the morning the entry forms & regs landed on our door steps.

The WSCC has been a big supporter of this event.

In recognition of this, Sarah and Martin, (the event secretaries), have extended a personal invite to the rest of the WSCC, we are all welcome!

The plan is, to have the WSCC gathering on the Sunday, and during the lunch time interval between timed runs, we will have two parade laps around the circuit with a photo taken of as many Westfield’s on track as we can get.

This is potentially an excellent publicity opportunity for the club. (As well as a cracking day out spectating and having our piccie taken).

OK folks, here we go, the parade lap is next weekend, (Sunday 1st September).

Here's the current list of people that have their names down so far, plenty of room for more!

(*Note, I've only included the Speed Series drivers that have confirmed they've got someone to drive their car).

Dave Eastwood - Gadgetman

David Richings - OnliestSmeg

Andy Dowler - Greenstreak

Mathew Downs - Jocker

Nic Chase - Nico

Adam Lucock - 1313

Bernard Darwin - Pistonbroke

Bob Redman - S2rrr

Ian Morrison - Gadget

Paul Edden

Martin van Zeller - Rory's Dad

Robin James

Philip Nicholls - Filfan's misses!*

Andrew Lowe - Pickmaster

Peter Darwin - Pistonbroke2

Peter Thomas - conwyrooster

Derek Hodder - delboy*

Stephen Herbert - stephenh*

Pete Goulding - Pete G*

The final batch of  Info packs and electronic tickets will be going to all the members on the list above later today.

The info pack can be downloaded here.

WESTFIELD PARADE.pdf

Any questions please ask!

Edited by gadgetman - Dave Eastwood
SS driver confirmations

just to let folks know the bridge is closed from 10pm until 6 am so you have to use the old bridge to get onto anglesey

Come on all....

How often is there the opportunity to drive a race track for Free!

And the forecast is good.

Come on all....

How often is there the opportunity to drive a race track for Free!

And entrance, and camping...

Roll up, roll up!

(But only with a ticket)

the wife might drive mine if allowed

OK, instructions an electronic tickets for those on the list above have now been sent. Please check your email when you get a chance and if you've not had yours through by tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, please drop me a pm with your correct email address on it, thanks.

No problem at all Pete, have added you to the list.

Hi Dave I've recived the email from Sarah about the parade lap, but no etickets

I have enough entry tickets from my sprint entry for the 3 of us

Can two of these be used for wife and daughter for parade entry as well?

Hi Andrew, your "pack" was emailed out from me yesterday to your Hotmail account, it included tickets. Have you not received it?

If not, can you let me know what email address you need it sending to, and I'll resend. :yes::d

What are the rules about crash helmets for this? Presumably needed but don't need to be MSA compliant?

Mrs H has a helmet which is technically open face, but it has a built-in polycarb. visor which completely covers her face. Hope that is ok?

What are the rules about crash helmets for this? Presumably needed but don't need to be MSA compliant?

Mrs H has a helmet which is technically open face, but it has a built-in polycarb. visor which completely covers her face. Hope that is ok?

Hi Stephen,

The "Parade" instructions do not state that a helmet is required and the max speed is 50mph.  So I think it is personal choice and no MSA helmet requirements to meet. 

However with an aeroscreen car I would be wearing a helmet and visor/goggles - it only takes a stone or metal object to be picked up from the track by the car in front and the combined speed of you and it can lead to a nasty incident.

The final "parade" parade instructions state 50mph max but in the parallel topic on the same subject Dave stated as below....

A little bit more info - hopefully answers some of your questions - we will email out more details nearer the time.

• Entrance is free to WSCC members, including over night camping for those that need it. Entrance is by ticket only though, or you will be asked to pay! Tickets in electronic form for you to print out and bring will be distributed prior to the event.
  • We will be having signing on plus a briefing approx one hour before lunch, so you need to be there for mid morning at the latest. Driving licenses will be required.
  • We will get two laps, and run between two pace cars, which will enforce a 60 mph maximum speed. There will be no overtaking. Thanks to this, helmets ARE NOT REQUIRED. Additionally, there is no age limit for passengers, but all passengers must be in proper (road legal) seats with proper (road legal) seat belts. Children will be allowed, provided they have the correct booster seats etc. As per normal Highway Code/Road Traffic laws.

(Essentially, we will be operating under the events MSA license etc, so have to follow MSA rules)

Correct, helmets are not mandatory. Personally, when I was aero'd, i wouldn't have driven on track without though. As Paul said, it's a personal choice if you wish to wear one. (They don't need to be MSA stickered if you do chose to use one.)

Taking mrs filfan out tomorrow for Westfield driving lessons :d

Last, last, reminders folks, long as you let me know before the end of tomorrow, I'll still have chance to email you your free tickets to take part in this rarest of rare events!

Hi Dave still not received tickets for parade lap only my sprint tickets and passes will they do?

If not my email is

andrewdlowe@hotmail.com

Sent twice now Andrew, I've not had anything bouncing back. Have you an alternative email address I can use?