Just joined and about to order a FW Zetec Kit - any advice greatly received.

Lee Savage

Hi

Im about to order a FW Zetec Kit. Its my first kit build and im located in North Yorkshire. Any tips or advice greatly recieved.

Thanks

Lee

Welcome Lee, I'd suggest getting along to your local meets if you haven't already. It's amazing how many ideas for ways of doing things you'll get, even just looking at a small collection of other cars.

Oh, and take pictures, lots of pictures! Both at meets and at the factory.

Whe I went down to collect my kit years ago, after loading up, I asked if I could take some photos of any of the cars currently in-build. Still got the dozens of shots I took of someones Zetec engined SEi somewhere. They came in more than handy many times. It's often the simple things, like how things line up, or cable/pipe runs.

Just get all over with the camera! Don't forget to take shots of the underside, all the way along, but especially round the diff etc.

The other thing is that even without fabricating your own, there are more parts available (from Westfield) to improve the build, than is obvious from either the build manual or the on-line store, (which is getting better, but still doesn't list everything)

wecome  zetec or duratec this is the qestion ?

Er, FW Zetec kit, or am I missing something ;):d:oops:

Hi Lee

Welcome to the club and your local WSCC area too!  I'm from Harrogate too and will send you an email shortly to let you know what's going on.

Rory's Dad

Out of interest, what spec have you gone for?

You lucky boy. I wish I had the funds to build a new one. We're always here to help and to spend your money for you :)

Thanks all for your tips so far!

I suspect this Website Forum will be invaluable!

Im off to Donnington on Sunday to soak up as much info as possible!

Martin, I think our paths have crossed before - professionally. Looking forward to your email.

lee

Anyone know where to get hold of any build manuals (pre Westfield order)??

I'll email you a couple later

Lee, when Martin emails you a list of events, wait an hour or two for the correction to dates to come. :) (Sorry Martin, I just couldn't resist).

Lee, I think I already said welcome, but if I didn't, welcome.