What to do if it rains?

WestyNottm

Oh and make sure there's no one who knows you around with a pesky camera /phone when you're getting out at your destination. The drowned rat sleeves and legs two or three inches longer than they started look isn't flattering as you stand there in your own little sodden pool!

Seriously though, long as you take it easy and accept that you'll  get wet, it's a hoot!

Thanks for all of your advice and encouragement. As I have neither an umbrella or rain-proof suit with me, I will take the cowards way out and take Scott's advice for a later finish at work for a clearer run home. Good point about the cloth Dean, I hadn't thought of that and would have had to use my shirt cuff!

I guess I need to research some rain gear for the car.

Of course, if you're worried about your work clothes getting wet and dirty, you could always bag them up and drive home nude...

man up its only water :laugh:

As the others have said, the carpets dry out eventually  :t-up:   This was after driving through a foot deep ford though and had a car filled with water

Although, I took the opportunity to paint the interior panels and leave the carpets out. 

westfield10.jpg

In Wales if I was to leave the car till the rain stopped it would be next June before I got it home !!!!! ;)

man up its only water :laugh:

^ this... jeez, and you lot up north call us soft southern wussies.... :laugh:

That's not what we call you, close though. :p :p :p:d

I'll, er, get my coat.

That's not what we call you, close though. :p :p :p:d

I'll, er, get my coat.

:p   didn't think you needed coats, just walked around in T shirt and shorts come rain or shine...the truth is coming out now, you're all just a bunch of P***s after all   :d  :oops:  ;)

Not read the replies, just o/p...

Drive home, I left my hood at home on a lovely fresh morning, 13 hour shift and about 3 inches of snow covered Birmingham!!! Snowed the whole way home too, about 2 hours it took because ever BMW, Merc or RWD car was stuck... Same as many SUV style fashionable cars and I had I dodge them or wait for them to get a safe distance away.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

I made it! No rain!

What's that saying again?

'The sun always shines on the righteous'

I made it! No rain!

What's that saying again?

'The sun always shines on the righteous'

Always, but not exclusively! ;)

Many years ago I had an MGB. The hood was at home in the garage. I was going from one dealership to another and had diverted to order a set of Woolfrace wheels. As I was going north on Shoot-up-Hill at Kilburn it started to snow - hard. The traffic stopped and I just sat there with the snow building up on my head and shoulders. The car next to me was a blue Rover 3.5. The gentleman driving it was a city gent with pin stripe suit. I'd bet the bowler and umbrella were on the back seat.

He looked across at me, wound the window down and said, in a plummy voice ......

Are you some sort of C***.

Wound the window up and looked ahead.