What to do if it rains?

WestyNottm

Driving in the p1ssing rain is all part of the fun of owning a Westfield. The car will dry out, you will dry out but the memories of the laugh you had driving home in the rain will stay with you for a long time. As others have said though, as long as you keep moving it's not too bad, just remember to take a cloth to wipe the INSIDE of the screen.

Best answer by a country mile  :yes:

take a cloth to wipe the INSIDE of the screen.

outside of screen, inside of screen, glasses and eyes.

I guess I need to research some rain gear for the car.

Old reviews, but the products haven't changed much... http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ride%20Magazine/Product%20test%20pdfs/16%20may09%20OVERSUITS.pdf

I bought one of their recommended ones a couple of years back and have been very happy with it.

• Like 1

I was in Cornwall at the weekend, rained Saturday and there was a VW beach buggy parked near the lake. Heavy showers on/off all day!

Monday we drove home, filled up for petrol and there he was! I went over for a chat about cars and stuff. Asked if he was where I saw the car... It was him. He left clear glasses at home, so had to wear sunglasses in dusk, while raining! Said he took a while to realise a few holes in the floor would stop the car filling up with water!

Always, but not exclusively! ;)

Correct (took me a moment or two to work that one out)

I made it! No rain!

What's that saying again?

'The sun always shines on the righteous'

Excellent news!

Don't worry, you'll get to splash about in puddles sooner or later though.

Forgot to add, if you don't want to maul around with a full hood, the factory has Half Hoods in the parts store now.

Fit in seconds rather than minutes and although they won't keep quite as much out as a full hood does, (and that doesn't keep everything out!), they're still pretty good.

Forgot to add, if you don't want to maul around with a full hood, the factory has Half Hoods in the parts store now.

Fit in seconds rather than minutes and although they won't keep quite as much out as a full hood does, (and that doesn't keep everything out!), they're still pretty good.

Morning Dave,

Could you please advise whether one would fit mine with the standard WF roll bar?

I thought maybe I would need an RAC type bar for the extra height?

Softbits for Sevens do one that fits the standard roll bar, but to be honest, it does look too low. The Westfield one is designed for the RAC bar, you're right.

Mind you, you probably will get lots of posts advising you to fit an RAC bar now that you've mentioned it! ;):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gavin at WF did mention that they were producing a new type of bar with matching half hood and to keep a look out on the web site.

Not seen it yet

Softbits for Sevens do one that fits the standard roll bar, but to be honest, it does look too low. The Westfield one is designed for the RAC bar, you're right.

Mind you, you probably will get lots of posts advising you to fit an RAC bar now that you've mentioned it! ;):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd advise you to upgrade to an RAC bar. :devil:  :westy:  :d

Yep, if I've understood correctly it's the Caged bar, (or very similar to it). Taller and with better bracing than the RAC bar, and yes, it will have a Half hood variant made for it.

WF Parts Shop Clicky

Yep, if I've understood correctly it's the Caged bar, (or very similar to it). Taller and with better bracing than the RAC bar, and yes, it will have a Half hood variant made for it.

WF Parts Shop Clicky

Thanks for the link - don't know how I missed it. I think I will pre-order in readiness for the half hood when available.

Unless anyone has other thoughts.....

Plays-Kool Motorsport (sponsors of site and speed series over the years) - it says currently out of stock but I'm sure Luke will have some coming in soon and will save you the cost of a half hood over the factory one ;)   give him a ring :t-up:

http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/Wide_Body_Rollbars.html

It does save £60, but you might need to get any weather gear custom made. Soft Bits for Sevens will do bespoke versions - it's possible they may even have already done one for this bar.