Donington Kit Car Show Sat 24th and Sun 25th August

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

I'm meeting the guys from Cheltenham on the M42 J2 Services (Hopwood) at 0840am Saturday morning if anyone else wants to join us!

Cheers, Dan.

1313 and myself will be leaving northwich at 7am if anyone wants to meet and ride down together?

have faith, it'll be fine *crackle of thunder*

The club area will be out side the circuit near to the exhibition centre, the camping area will be seperate.

If you are able to help man the club area please make yourself known to Ian Morrison first thing in the morning (both days).

We will then be able to put together some sort of rota so we have people there all day.

Ian will be putting up an easy-up and there will be tea/coffee/softdrinks and cake for a small charge (proceeds to the Derby and Notts charity). We will definately need some help on the refreshment table.

Your entry ticket to the show (whether you have paid or are a free entry as a kit car driver) will get you into the circuit to watch the racing. Its probably worth considering this when looking at the cost of admission.

There will be two 5 metre blue WSCC flags in the area so you should see these as you drive in.

I hope its dry Saturday for you.....

I really hope everyone has a good weekend in spite of the fact we have put nowhere near the effort into it has happens for Stoneleigh.

best regards

Garry

weather on Saturday not looking too good :( hope it holds off / clears

Every time I check the web it changes, now watching 4 weather sites; not going to be much fun if lashing down all day :down:

Owdo

meeting Martin at Tamworth services M42 about 9, wanna meet up?

Marcus u coming to meet up for a run in ?

Boney

Yes Ill be there unless its lashing it down then Ill stay in my tent ! Ill ping you my mobile

null_zpsbf990477.png

I'm still lurking in the shadows. Refusing to post, however I believe this is beneficial. Wind guru is what I use to plan all my waterspouts and journeys in my car.

1mm in 3 hours is nothing

2mm in three hours is fine no weather kit

3mm in three hours needs weather gear

4mm is wipers maximum speed, a lot of standing water

5mm and above I will not drive on a motorway and avoid driving.

At the moment there isn't even 0.5mm forecast. So be a good day. I will put another picture on when I wake up in the morning. I plan to get there 0900-1000. I can fit a :westy: in my tent!!! An have a tin top. So if you're in :westy: I have a secure tin top and dry tent to store stuff.

I wish I knew about cakes! I'd made some.

See you there and will post forecast in the morning. It's for Bartley reservoir in Birmingham, so might be a bit out. But not much... I hope!

Edited to add...

I am bringing a tool box with sockets, multimeter, crimping things, fuses, spammers and a 12v tyre pump... Along with usual zip ties, duct tape hammer and screwdriver!

Stephen,

We're going to Donington, which is a good 60 miles + from Bartley Res in Brum... Lol.

Dan.

Richard,

Meeting up at Tamworth services sounds good... From Hopwood Services to you shouldn't take much more than 20mins, so expect us around 9am 'ish... Fingers crossed for sunshine or cloud is good enough!

But I must say, I will reconsider things if its lashing it down at 8am tomorrow! Christian I'll text you if I bail out! Richard could you PM me your number so we can stay in touch.

Cheers, Dan.

Dan,

Closest I can find is 35 mile away,

null_zpsa93827db.png

As said above, it's for watersports and that area ain't got much in the way of beaches, lakes or reservoirs! :laugh:

Stephen there are 3 reservoirs pretty close, Foremark , Staunton Harold and Stanton! I would say 4/5 miles away.....all watersports friendly :)

Sunday looks the better day,according to pretty much all the forcasts ive seen so i shant venture out tomorrow

If i get out of my pit in time and its not peeing ille stand on the austrey bridge between j10 & j11and try and get a pic of you all in convoy

But I must say, I will reconsider things if its lashing it down at 8am tomorrow! Christian I'll text you if I bail out! Richard could you PM me your number so we can stay in touch.

Cheers, Dan.

Dan, I don't blame you, we too are having second thoughts and might consider going down on Sunday instead, would you be up for that?