Donington Kit Car Show Sat 24th and Sun 25th August

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

Stephen there are 3 reservoirs pretty close, Foremark , Staunton Harold and Stanton! I would say 4/5 miles away.....all watersports friendly :)

I stand corrected

null_zpsf24b3b2e.png

I'm a southerner and even Birmingham's too far north! So was unaware of them.

That's not looking too bad. I've set out with worse predictions before!

Dan, I don't blame you, we too are having second thoughts and might consider going down on Sunday instead, would you be up for that?

It's Saturday or nothing for me this weekend mate... I'll text you my number now, and just let me know your final plans tomorrow :-)

Richard, thanks for the PM.

It's Saturday or nothing for me this weekend mate... I'll text you my number now, and just let me know your final plans tomorrow :-)

Richard, thanks for the PM.

Oh that's a shame Dan, yes of course, I'll await your number.

Morning weather update, I live around 5 miles as the crow flies from Donington and at the moment it has just started to rain steadily after earlier drizzle. Hope to go up a little later if things improve.

Taken the executive decision to come over tomorrow, just got to resist eating all the muffins so they'll be some left!

Light rain for an hour this morning rest of day has been cloudy but no rain :-) Show is pretty good but needs more westies to turn up tomorrow. Biggest surprise so far toy box has a stand!

Managed to pop up for a few hours, think weather forecast must have put people off as whole club area was a little sparse.

Enjoyed chatting to a few folks but glad I didn't have to pay the entrance fee. I guy I chatted to had come over from Ireland just for the show with his mrs and kids in toe? told him to try Stoneleigh next year.

It's still very much a work in progress as a show, but it is getting better, though the WF club area was a bit light on Westfields, frightened away by weather forecast, or the clash of events with Curby etc, I don't know.

Bit of light rain on the way down, but not too bad, and on the A50 dual carriageway, it all blew past without any coming in, so didn't even need to stop and put the roof up.

Ah dear, I really shouldn't have gone inside now though. First sight of the supercharger upgrade kit that will soon be available for the Mega S2000! Need, Want....

(even if it wasn't quite in its final version yet, and needed a few tweaks, still looked promising!)

Hopefully more will show up tomorrow

Ime only half hour away and decided not to go cause of the forcast

Tomorrow now looks dodgy according to the forcast but ime determined to get out

How was the racing,anything interesting going on

The forecast frightened me off but I'll get there tomorrow unless it's lashing down at 09:30 hours :)

I'll be there tomorrow, meeting Christian then cruising up for 10am.

Weather looks a lot better than today, plus gave me a day to do some work on her ready for the drive/show.

Well done to Gary, Dave E at al for all their hard work - the stand looked good and I counted 26 Westfields (plus one VX220!)

• Like 1

Sunday line up  :)

d12_zps7f72e827.jpg