Donington Kit Car Show Sat 24th and Sun 25th August

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

Yep, I planned to go on the Saturday morning, like last year. Nicer run out than Stoneleigh, from the NW!

You taking the vectra and the can as well?

If you have posted to offer help over the weekend can you pm or email me, with your details and when you are able to help.

Also would be helpful if you can give me an idea of any experience you have with club stands/show stuff..... also how long you have been around Westfields and you knowledge of the club workings...like membership, how rthe areas work, events, boardroom etc.

Just so I can try to make sure we have a spread of question answering ability over the two days.

ta

Please include your 'real' name and contact email address

We are planning to have tea/coffee/soft drinks available in the club area and more importantly cakes.

We plan to charge a small amount and put the funds into the charity pot.

If you are able to put your hands on a nice home made cake to bring along  that would be most appreciated.

We have two at the moment...another 4/5 would be great....or smaller individual ones :)

Garry

i'll get the misses to make a coffee cake :) mine come out like pancakes lol.

I'll get Mrs J to make a cake or two and it's a good job I will be wearing a helmet on the way up or else there may just be some crumbs left by the time I arrive.....

Fingers crossed the weather holds out :oops:

Thanks guys......

Er, can we cheat on the home made bit? ;):d

Owdo

confirmed myself and Mr Basford for Saturday and camping Saturday night, just waiting for confirmation from Chippo, that will be chilli and cider again then :)

Boney

Camping as well c u there, was fun last year   :d

do we need to book for camping? Jocker, 1313 and myself are planning on camping over sat night 

May I ask a favour please?  If you are going to the show, and you run into someone from Total Kit Car magazine (NOT Complete Kit Car magazine, they're fine), please give them a large verbal boot up the backside from me.  I have been phoning and emailing them, repeatedly and incessantly, for many months to update their list of contacts in UK kit car clubs - they're still showing the late, great and sadly missed Roland Garratt, who passed away in 2009, as the contact name for the WSCC.  I have explained to them why it's important to update it as well - nothing.  If I were there, it's likely I'd grab one of their issues, roll it up and smack them over the head with it.  Thanks for your help! :yes:

TotalKitCar magazine are organising a kit car show at Blyton Driving Centre on Saturday 21 September. I shall have a go at them at the the Donington show for you Scott and then follow that up at Blyton in September if they have not got their act together!

To all that are going to the Donington show, I and my better half Rosie, shall have our (modest) gazebo at the Westfield park area and will be offering drinks (tea, coffee and soft drinks) at 50pence each and the generous donation of cakes from kind members at 50pence/slice, all proceeds going to charity.

See you there!

• Like 1

Many thanks!  Some people won't take a hint until it's applied with a brick... If it was anyone's name but that of Roland, I'd give up, but they know why and their lack of action is upsetting.  It's specifically on their web site, but might be in the mag too.

do we need to book for camping? Jocker, 1313 and myself are planning on camping over sat night 

Paid on the gate last year

thanks marcusb :)