Donington Kit Car Show Sat 24th and Sun 25th August

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

A club area has been booked for 60 cars on both days.

Kit car drivers gets in free, other adults on the day £15, see http://www.doningtonkitcarshow.co.uk/ for more details.

Camping is allowed prices vary, see the above site.

Classic Sports Car Club are running races all weekend, so no track time available.

Please let me know if you can help out over the weekend.

Garry

Hi Garry, I'm new to all this, please could you tell me if there is any room left on the wscc area and how to book and how much?

Thanks rich

There is no need to book separately for the club area, the area will hopefully have some WSCC banners and sails so you can see it as you drive in.

If you go in a kit car you get in free(into the show), but a passenger will have to pay.

Make sure you park neatly so the photos look good :)

Having said all that if you look on http://www.doningtonkitcarshow.co.uk/ there are discounts for booking in advance, both for admission and camping.

And....we have run out of room in the past, ie the organisers allocate us an area and this will have other club area around it, very difficult when it gets full and Westfields keep arriving, but who can say how many cars will turn up???

Drop me a pm if you are uncertain about anything.

I would not expect a Stoneleigh like operation, I dont think there will be a marquee, so no merchandise or membership. If I'm wrong on this I'm sure Scott will correct me.

Garry

I'll be going along in the tin top, camping and have chilli with us.

Great show last year, chippo had some awesome chilli. So going to make the weekend again. Was some good racing last year too. I'm not going to be well enough to drive, so the noisy cricket will miss the show this year.

Add to last, camping tickets paid.

What help are you looking for? I'm willing.

What help are you looking for? I'm willing.

We need to get hold of the club show equipment, ie sails and banners. Someone needs to be there early on Sat to set up the club area and direct cars as they arrive.... so the area looks the part.

During the day we need the area manned (near the banners/sails which will be a focus) to answer club type questions. Would be good if we had half a dozen people so no one is there all day....

Drop me a pm and we can have a chat if you want(phone or pm).

Garry

I would not expect a Stoneleigh like operation, I dont think there will be a marquee, so no merchandise or membership. If I'm wrong on this I'm sure Scott will correct me.

Garry

Correct to my knowledge, but happy to provide you with some membership forms to snag new people on the day if you like, just let me know and I'll post them to you. :)

Correct to my knowledge, but happy to provide you with some membership forms to snag new people on the day if you like, just let me know and I'll post them to you. :)

Yes please Scott, not sure how many... 30 or so....

No probs sir, will do, and thanks! :)

EDIT: Forms posted this afternoon.

I am happy to do my bit but as I am new, and I've only had my westfield for 8 weeks I know very little. I will be coming on the sat, maybe sun and I can meet you all. Sure you can tell me if you want anything doing, after all everyone needs a tea boy

I am happy to do my bit but as I am new, and I've only had my westfield for 8 weeks I know very little. I will be coming on the sat, maybe sun and I can meet you all. Sure you can tell me if you want anything doing, after all everyone needs a tea boy

Sorry Ricky,

That's the position I took...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Hi Garry

I will be there on the saturday and i am more than happy to help out with whatever i can.......Looking forward to it and meeting new owners. :t-up:

I am hoping to get up there on the Saturday.

A volunteer is worth 10 pressed men..... so they tell me.... thanks for the offers of help.

Lets see how many helpers we have as the weekend gets nearer and we can see how good we can make the club area.

I would like to have some sort of easy-up with basic facilities.... like hot drinks but we may struggle on this one....