Andy Murray

Terry Everall

What a great match to watch and a winner at last

Yep

Fantastic

Apart from the history of waiting 77 years it was a fantastic match played by two men at the very top of their game.

The result does not reflect how close it was. 

Well done Sir Andy.

• Like 1

As he has won he is British, had he lost he would have been a Scot. Obvoiusly a good player but if he hadn't won it this year after all the top seeds dropped out he would never have won it.

He is now on course for an obscene amount of money as every company wants to have a bit of the histeria that will follow.

Not a great fan of tennis but have to say that was a great match . Hats off to them both in that heat.

Jeff, not sure the others going out early made any difference. The final was played by the top two seeds.

Nadal can't play well on grass and Federer is getting on a bit, still a great player but his best days are behind him.

By the way there is 3270 points between number 1 and 2 in the rankings. All the other top places have less than 1000 points between them. Makes Murray's win even better.

Obvoiusly a good player but if he hadn't won it this year after all the top seeds dropped out he would never have won it.

I'm not a fan of tennis either, but he did just beat the world's number one in straight sets

I stand corrected. No not a fan of tennis so my assumption that the other big names falling over had helped him was wrong.

Norm is correct it will be Sir Andy as soon as possible, right or wrong

As he has won he is British, had he lost he would have been a Scot. Obvoiusly a good player but if he hadn't won it this year after all the top seeds dropped out he would never have won it.

He is now on course for an obscene amount of money as every company wants to have a bit of the histeria that will follow.

"All the top seeds were out"? ???......so who did he beat to win Wimbledon? WELL DONE THAT SCOTSMAN .................

A Knighthood is the least he should get after all the pressure from a nation ................Arise Sir Andrew Murray 

Superb. Deserved. Earned. Respect. Class. Champion. Elite.

Only thing that irked me was seeing our elected servants, Cameron and Salmon, in the box watching it for free, especially Salmon making the most of it politically for his independent Scotland agenda.  No place for politicians.

• Like 1

That's the first tennis game I've ever sat and watched :oops: very well played :t-up:

I wonder just how many watched it.

"All the top seeds were out"? ???......so who did he beat to win Wimbledon? WELL DONE THAT SCOTSMAN .................

A Knighthood is the least he should get after all the pressure from a nation ................Arise Sir Andrew Murray 

Will that be another of those famous Scotsmen who don't live in Scotland? I don't agree with the hounors system anyway in the same way as Bradley Wiggins got one for doing his job Andy is the same.

I am happy for him and have already expressed my apologies for thinking that half the top players out made it easier for him. He won a game, he has not saved a life or anything important ;)

Splendid game and a well earnt knighthood on the way me thinks