Run outs

Terryathome

Terry you've started nothing, I've sent you a PM - I'll bring the list with me on the 10th.

see you then

John

Apologies from me I didn't put our Sunday 7th trip to a Classic car show out on boardroom (usually do) but thought this was very local based and not everybodies cup of tea, so I just sent it out on my mailing list  :blush:  :blush:  and Marty kindly put it on our facebook page (still not got my head round it) :bangshead:

I will give Terry a big hug from all today  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Steve

Under review.  Adrian's been extremely busy.  Also some tricky legal / MSA points to consider on run outs.  Bear with us please. :)

Terry, why not just post in the event section or even Stuff and Nonsense, where everyone already tends to look?

Seriously, what's stopping you?

Go on....

You never know, someone may answer!

(Given that lots are still at Blyton today it's perhaps your best bet!)

Believe me Terry, if thought about it for much more than a minute...

;)

I was simply trying to help you here, now, today.

Have a thread in that section called Great Blatting Routes that everyone can contribute to, which can be pinned at the top of the section

Just a comment on this (albeit late to the party):  I was actually thinking of proposing a dedicated (members only) section for routes. The reason for suggesting members only is that I'd prefer not to post full details of favourite routes in a place where they could be picked up by all and sundry... I'd hate to see any of them go the way of other, now popular, routes (e.g. Evo Triangle) that seem to attract a sometimes undesirable level of interest.

This is one of a number of factors that were raised back at Stoneleigh, discussed at quite a bit of length between your friendly local AO's.

The consensus was that some of the clubs that have done this that the AO's and local members who had spoken about such things with their AO's have had issues. Real and present issues.

Chris is actually homing in on something closer to what I was initially suggesting back at Stoneleigh's meetings.

(As an aside, you'd be absolutely amazed at how much planning/discussion and consideration of new or different ideas is going on constantly, so please don't thing if a "new" proposal on the Boardroom happens to get a lot of immediate feedback whether for or against, that it's just a spur of the moment thing. it's much more likely that you've touched on something that's already been/being thought about).

Doesn't surprise me, Dave: likewise it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to guess what some of the other issues experienced by others might have been.  :(

Sadly...

There used to be a limit to how many cars could take part in an organised convoy without written permission from the chief constable.

I'm not sure if that still applies but can't see why it wouldn't.

Not sure about the Chief Constable numbers, but I suspect the twelve you're thinking of may be the MSA regs for clubs Martin.

Again, something were seeking clarification of a specific part of at the moment, (a question which was already going through the appropriate channels before this thread started. We're pretty sure the answer will be what we think it is, in which case all is well with the world, but have to ask.

(As Scott said earlier, sometimes what seems on the face of it simple, does needs certain aspects checking out "back stage", this can take a while. Especially if dealing with officialdom.)

I wasn't being facetious earlier when I suggesting just posting as many already have in the regular places. Just suggesting something that may work for you now, this day, or this week, or the next.

Terry, with the greatest respect, your question neither started the ball rolling, nor will your last post necessarily stop it.

The hunt for things we can do to make life better or easier for the membership as a whole will carry on just like it always does. We'll also do our best to make sure that changes if made, are genuine improvements.

Not quite sure about the reference to secret routes? I suspect you may be trying to twist someone's words, possibly mine?

So what I will say is that as far as fun, interesting blatting routes go, if visiting somewhere new and in need of a few ideas, any club member is more than welcome to drop the AO of the nearest areas a pm or give them a call, and I know every AO I've spoken to would be delighted to help. In fact I know plenty that already have.

As for (very) last minute blatting arrangements, time and time again most areas and many, many, members seem to have the text around or round robin email lists to be most effective.

For this reason I suggested the blat start point and estimated time were posted and no replies allowed.

It's only "organised" blats that fall under the searchlight.

Lets not throw "organised" club runs in to the confusion here Norman, though I understand your point and exactly where you're coming from. 

But yes, a mechanism for having what you suggest has also been touched upon "back of house". Like I say, lots gets discussed when it comes to bringing new ideas to fruition. Some ideas make it, some dont't.