Run outs

Terryathome

i know i have the machester blat text list that i organised..

i think it was issues over timmings, but please post away....

i'm off the road this weekend as i'm doing the front bearing, before i meet another scruntineer!

A good idea and these things should be on the Area webpages (as part of the WSCC webpages). So if anyone in the area or a new or aspiring member wants to get more local then that should be the place to look. The events section has its role to play as you say but I'm a firm beliver in getting a branded page for each area.

It's a tricky one, I sort of suggested some ideas on this line amongst the AO's at our get togethers at Stoneleigh.

While there was some positives support, on the whole the idea was fairly firmly shot down for a number of good reasons, that I admit, in my naivety I hadn't really considered. The points raised were from hard lessons learnt by those AOs/members with both lots of experience arranging blats and lots of experience of similar ideas that had been tried on other forums such as Pistonheads.

(I'm not talking about full, organised runs out here, just the casual, lets all go for a blat types)

I'm quite happy to chat through via pm what was raised, but not on the open forum! (That would sort of defeat the object :laugh: )

i know i have the machester blat text list that i organised..

The lists on the other hand, are a great idea, that seems to work for many.

Before anyone gets the hump, or the wrong idea. The reasons given to me were all for the safety, comfort and enjoyment of club members.

Lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Oh and check our email! ;):p:d

sorry for the fustration....

as AO's we have a hard job of letting people know, some like facebook  or email or boardroom or text or magazine.

I do try and do use boardroom as the definiative and the supplement with email and extras.

we are trying promise!

Panda Hug

John, am I on the list?

I think with yourself off the road and possiible other AO's that might not be able to get out, that run outs are not being put forward by other members. Not the fault of any AO's. You will have other commitments and like yourself John replacement bearings and alike.

Terry

You are on the Manc Blat list! Which is a mobile number text group.

I agree that a run out / blat heading on the forum would be a good addition.

It would be another 'shop window' to encourage members to come out and non members to join up.

I agree that a run out / blat heading on the forum would be a good addition.

It would be another 'shop window' to encourage members to come out and non members to join up.

That would be good I reckon - a sub forum per area? Or is that too far?

That would be good I reckon - a sub forum per area? Or is that too far?

WSCC Branded Area web pages... 

Should contain AO contact info and a diary of local events - very basic format, not too much detail. I've tried to do it on our area website (http://wsccnl.co.uk/events.php

Looks good Andy :t-up:

From my point of view, it is beneficial for anyone (rather than just the AO) to be able to 'suggest' or 'promote' runs out. For example, those times when it gets to 4pm and you think 'I've got a few hours free tonight, I fancy going out for a drive, wonder if anyone else wants to come'.

I'm not sure how your site is set up in terms of contributors, but that's the benefit of a forum IMO, plus it's linked to the main WSCC site for the second reason David mentioned.

From my point of view, it is beneficial for anyone (rather than just the AO) to be able to 'suggest' or 'promote' runs out. For example, those times when it gets to 4pm and you think 'I've got a few hours free tonight, I fancy going out for a drive, wonder if anyone else wants to come'.

Agreed...

and i think we should have a blat section and maybe suggested routes

Gents,

Not urinating in anyone's shower here, but besides Gadgetman's points, I'm wary of creating yet more sub-forums.  The excellent idea Martin had regarding sub-forums for FAQs was put in place, but the downside is that we're now frequently moving new threads that are placed and don't belong in FAQs to the correct area (Newbies and Tech), despite clear notices about pruning and relevance.

I also personally find the further you have to drill down into a forum to find the info you want, and the more you have to scroll, the less likely you are to find it or have the patience to do so.

If I can suggest a compromise that we can take to Adrian:

Rename the Events and Local Meets section to Local Events, Meets & Run-Outs

Have a thread in that section called Great Blatting Routes that everyone can contribute to, which can be pinned at the top of the section

Just ideas, which you may now feel free to rip to shreds like ravenous hyenas landing upon a baby gazelle. :d

Not wanting to suggest yet another method but if I was dealing with this sort of thing I'd:

Have a section or sub section which allowed only the following.

County & Meeting place (heading)

Date

Time

Destination

Estimated time of run

I would make it non reply-able and rely on any contact required to be by PM only

It would self delete 24 hours after the date.

This, of course, could be backed up by emails to the usual crowd.

Just the way I'd do it, having experience of users discipline with computer systems.