home brew kit recommendations

bigals

the place i got my plate from was an industrial unit. it had no heating and was freezing but the plate worked fine on their front counter with no insulation.

i used to do my brewing in a cold ~ish room in my house using a belt that wraps around the bottom of the barrel and then just wrapped up in an old wooly rug stood on  a piece of that polystyrene you put under floors. this worked fine.

ive also used the ones like fish tank heaters that you drop into the liquid when my belt broke. and that was ok too

i dont see why if you make a box that it would not work. even just a big cupboard. you could even heat the cupboard with a shielded light bulb to take the edge off if you wanted.

Thanks kevin forum booked marked. This could become my new hobby at this rate.

Bookmarked for me too - Thanks Kevin

After some careful negotiating with the wife, I have come up with a neat solution. Had to find a place to relocate some stuff, and then the green light was given :d

SAM_1592_zps9b53ba59.jpg

SAM_1593_zpse970a3a7.jpg

Hopefully enough room around the FV on the two shelves for 40 pints guinness.gif

OK, do you live near the airport? There used to be a big BMC parts operation where you live.

Just checking so I know where :) to come for the tasting party.  

ed to add that I've just remembered the parts operation was Hartwells, before that may have been Car Mart.

I do live near an airport Norman ;)

First brew bottled tonight

Everything sterilised

Next brew on the go already - more sugar this time and less water :d

Funny I was brewing today as well . Doctored the brew as well. bit less water and a extra bit of brewing sugar just for fun. This one is going in the keg then the next is getting bottled. Orderrd the crown capper and a bottling stick tonight as well .

The new brew has gone off well

SAM_1595_zps146e9a31.jpg

SAM_1596_zps177768af.jpg

I supply brewing kit to the big brewers and the many smaller craft breweries which are cropping up all over the UK.

We have recently introduced a range of stainless steel conical fermenters for the home brewing market, and these fermenters are complete with cooling/heating jackets.

Check out our website www.williseuropean.com

We are in Wolverhampton just down the road from the Westfield factory, so you could kill 2 birds with one stone for a day out!

Cheers

Tim

Megatim, i might want a fermenter off you when I slow down on the tree work - i'm planning a brewery and cider press :-) 

Jim

• Like 1

awesome.... ive got a barn doing nothing and want to do a little project for my retirement :-) 

We have a victorian barn with it's own spring, I have clients with orchards (i'm an Arborist( and I already brew 300 pints a month for personal consumption. I will give u a buzz......

James 

I already brew 300 pints a month for personal consumption. I will give u a buzz......

James 

:o  :o  :o 

chuff me 300 pts a month, no wonder you swing from trees!

ive just put a woodfords kit on to replace the dissapointing beer. as her indoors is away in tanzania its on the side in the kitchen so the whole thing smells of that brewing beer mmmmmm

hopefully this one will be better than the last one.

thats not 300 pints just for me by the way... thats 300 pints for the household/party's/barn dances/rugby club trips etc....plus when i go away to the woods I take a few cases!