SOLD -Westfield - 2.1 16v -Massive spec

Karl Woolf

**************SOLD************

Extensive engine/chassis/body upgrades

2.1 16v Highly modified Vauxhall engine

See pistonheads advert for images http://used.ph/11wn1t0

Current owner 14 years

Originally registered in 1997 standard body Westfield with independent rear suspension

The vehicle has undergone an extensive programme of modifications and upgrades over the current 14 year ownership with many thousands spent.

Key items

Vauxhall 2.1 16v engine

Highly modified to a QED 240+bhp engine specification, running QED Q450 camshafts and completed as part of a full engine rebuild, rebored using omega high intruder pistons to give an overall increased capacity of 2.1 litres.

This combined with a kerb weight of 570kg (incl fluids) a power to weight of over 420bhp/tonne.

The engine is running on hyabusa individual throttle bodies with a bespoke CAD designed, CNC machined tapered inlet manifold, with a fully reprogrammable DTA engine management system.

As you can imagine the car has incredible performance, yet being amazingly docile in traffic, due to a combination of low weight, progressive clutch and controlled fuelling.

Full Engine spec

• Omega intruder high compression pistons
  • QED Q 450 camshafts
  • SBD Solid lifter conversion and shimmed
  • Uprated twin valve springs
  • High flow necked Group A inlet and exhaust valves
  • SBD adjustable camshaft verniers
  • Cosworth conrod bolts
  • Low noise cylinder head ported and polished.
  • SBD baffled sport sump
  • Suzuki Hyabusa throttle bodies
  • Bespoke CAD designed and CNC machined one piece aluminium taper manifold.
  • Pipercross Foam filter
  • Cosworth Green Bosch injectors
  • High output fuel pump
  • DTA ex48 reprogrammable engine fuel and ignition management system
  • Camshaft cover breather modified to SBD spec

Gearbox

• Quaiffe type 9 close ratio straight cut gearbox (current cost approx £1500)
  • lightened flywheel
  • helix uprated rally specification Cover and plate

Giving nearly 60mph in first gear followed by a close succession of ratios this transforms the driveability of the car in compared to the standard short geared type 9 box. With the mechanical ability to sustain the high rev gear changes which the standard type 9 will baulk and refuse to change once revving over 6k.

Differential

• Quaiffe ATB limited slip differential

A high specification differential compared to the ford equivalent, more progressive and controlled, being specifically callibrated to suit the weight of the vehicle

Exhaust

• Simpsons repackable 7” stainless steel system with bonnet exit manifold

Repacked using SBD exhaust blanket, the system not only provides enough noise reduction to allow access to the majority of strict track day requirements, but also noticeably released the true potential of the engine modifications eliminating flat spots.

Brakes

• Front Willwood 4 pot callipers fitted with uprated pad compound.
  • Rear Mintex 1144 uprated pads
  • Willwood adjustable brake bias valve
  • Lightened cross drilled front disks

After years of chasing the optimum braking arrangement, the above gives a great pedal feel for day to day driving, backed up with a never faded track tested arrangement.

Cooling

• Westfield motorsport high efficiency radiator
  • Spal 300mm Dia fan with override switch
  • SBD sport thermostat 76 deg

• 19 row thermostatically operated Oil cooler

Developed to maintain rock steady water temperatures on the hottest of days with an oil cooler fitted to keep the oil temperatures at an optimum, additional discrete bodywork cooling mods feed the oil cooler direct without restricting main radiator cooling.

Chassis

• AVO adjustable shock absorbers with uprated springs 300lb front 180lb rear
  • Polyurethane bushes fitted to all wishbones.
  • Ash Mason bespoke front anti roll bar
  • Ash Mason bespoke rear anti roll bar
  • Rally Design 2.4 quickrack
  • Caterham R500 13x 6 with 185/60/13 Toyo R888

With the firm belief of providing a solid founding to the up coming engine upgrades the chassis has been developed to make the cars handling exceptional. Being fully adjustable, can easily be set up for differing driving styles. With the switch to 13” making the car progressively compliant and comfortable on road as well.

Bodywork

• Professionally painted Ford Focus ST 4 Stage flip paint
  • Westfield RAC specification rollover bar
  • Carbon fibre CSR cycle wings
  • Carbon fibre indicator pods
  • Carbon fibre aero trim
  • M&P headlights
  • Westfield carbon look rear light housings with LED lights
  • Aerofiller petrol cap

The paintwork and accessories complete the overall finish of a superb vehicle in both performance and looks, the flip paint reflects in sunlight to create a truly eyecatching effect.

Miscellaneous

• Odyssey lightweight gel
  • Polished aluminium 2 lt oil catch tank
  • Side screens
  • Half hood modified to fit RAC bar

• Playskool R500 replica seats
  • 5 point 3” harness with aircraft release buckle
  • 4 point 2” harness
  • Bespoke carbon fibre central tunnel cover

The car is versatile, with a ride quality to be comfortable enough to be used on a 330mile journey to le mans, yet controlled and precise for track days and fast road driving.

Having been my pride and joy for a number of years, I will be sad not to see it in my garage, it has barely been used recently and its time for it to go to a new home.

There are a couple of items which are worth mentioning for completeness

The car comes complete with a brand new carbon fibre dashboard for the new owner to and set out to their taste.

The bodywork has the odd mark, this is mainly in the usual area around the rear arches, this could easily be covered by aftermarket arch protectors. On the whole the car has been fitted with armourfend since respray, which has done a great job of protecting the paint.

The sump has a minor oil leak, and over time may ultimately be better to be replaced.

A replacement should be in the region of £200, I am willing to offer as a gesture a fully swappable aeroscreen complete with central and side mirrors, which can be swapped for the full screen in less than an hour and offers a major aerodynamic benefit.

As you can see the above upgrades alone would represent far more than that cost excluding the base car. I could make more in breaking the car but given the time and effort in building I am begrudged to do so.

Complete with full documentation and photographic record of all work

Contact Karl

Eye, and the manifold isn't bad either.

James, put the cider down!   :)

Blimey - and this your first post!  What a car!!

Welcome to the club

Rory's Dad

What a lovely car, and it was Cinsault last night Norman with a leg of lamb done on the Weber (BBQ not Carb)!!

Hadn't noticed that this is Karls first post.

Welcome Karl, nice car.

And a great old Saxon name.

Karl is a returning member of long standing - used to be a regular to Manchester and Cheshire meets before work got in the way!  ;) 

The car has been well known up here as long as I've been a member and always looked a cracking machine. Some one's going to get a great car, the Asbo Orange paintwork suits it to a T and looks really good on a Westfield.  :yes: 

Welcome to the club

Rory's Dad

Thanks for the nice comment Rory`s Dad, I was a member before I bought the car 14 odd years ago but couldn't`manage to activate my old account :d

Nice car, but how did you get down to that weight? sooooooo jealous !

Thanks Peterm135, the weight just came off during the upgrades, would have been good to do a before and after in hindsight :d  

Karl is a returning member of long standing - used to be a regular to Manchester and Cheshire meets before work got in the way!  ;)

The car has been well known up here as long as I've been a member and always looked a cracking machine. Some one's going to get a great car, the Asbo Orange paintwork suits it to a T and looks really good on a Westfield.  :yes:

Thanks Dave, always said you were a decent bloke :d

Okey dokey, have updated Karl's details to merge in his old Boardroom account details.

• Like 1

Oh and for many that will miss a small detail; Ash Mason designed anti roll bars, Ash, who still posts on here as Arm, is the "guru" when it comes to XE related cars, their handling etc. Any car that Ash has had a hand in design wise, specially in the handling department is going to be awesome. 

Ooooooo!

My next cars come up a year or so too early!

Welcome to the club

Rory's Dad

Martin this isn't Karl's first post :laugh:

He has been a member for years but lapsed, looks like he's in for an even bigger lapse now ;)

I know this car quite well and it's a flippin' bargain...why are you doin' it Karl  ???

Btw I know why, Glen told me :d

Anybody want to buy my car to enable me to puschase this one?  HHmmmmm  if only i had the dosh.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.