Anyone with experience of selling cars on Ebay, please

Norman Verona

I clicked on "close the case" and it asks if the buyer has paid. It does not say that they will re-list and refund but it does say "I'd like to cancel this transaction instead (unpaid item case will close)."

Whatever that means.

The option to relist it is somewhere else completely.

You first need to close the case and pick from the list of options which best matches your scenario.

OK, went through with it it shows this:

Latest invoice amount  (15-Jun-13) : £43.94 New activity applied to the latest invoice noted above: -£66.91

-£22.97

-£43.94

Total Amount: -£22.97 s.gif New activity not yet invoiced: £20.98 Current Balance:  -£1.99   

I have no idea what -£66.91 or the "new activity" of £20.98 is but if I'm going to get £1.99 it'll be the last time I use these shisters to sell anything.

In ebay motors the final value fee should be 1% of the winning price if it was over £2000. It's normally given as a credit against future listings rather than as a refund.

Mark, the bid was £2300. so that's £23. I have no idea what the debit and credit are.

The listing fee and the last invoice you paid.

The listing fee was £43.94 and it was paid. So I assume the £22.97 is the return fee but I have no idea what the "New activity not yet invoiced: £20.98"  is. The ad stopped on the due date and has not been re-listed.

Just view your account activity and you'll be able to see what you've been paying in/out for listing fees and final value fees or look back at your listing invoices. 

It's not difficult and ebay always tell you what the fee will be before you list an item.

I think this is the fourth.

Customer Details:
NAME: MR James Matthew
TELEPHONE:
EMAIL: mattewjammes@gmail.com

Vehicle Details:
MAKE: AUDI
MODEL: A6
PRICE: ?2450

Hope this auto is still available and what is the last price and the recent condition of the car. Thanks

So I answer:

Mattew,

The car is as described. It has been maintained on a no-expense-spared basis.

If you want to see it, it's in Sheffield, you can get details mby phoning the 0845 number and speak to Tanya.

The best price is £2300 and you will need to bring cash. No PayPal or collection agencies, thank you.

Pound to a penny I do not hear back.

I didn't hear back from Mattew, or any of the other 6 who wanted to pay by paypal, by me giving them my account details, and send a collection agency for it.

I did hear from about 5 Asian gentleman, only one of which turned up. He went off in a huff as he thought the ad said it was taxed until April 2014 when it said it had a French MOT until April 2014. But, better yet, he accused me of misleading him as the mileage wasn't 140,000 but 187,500. The trip meter did read 1875, the speedo, 140000. Both are photographed on the ad.

Then I heard from Lee in Rotherham. He came along next morning, saw the car and has paid £300 deposit and will insure it and collect next week paying the balance before collection.

Well done Lee.

So,it took 2 ads on Autotrader and 2 listings on Ebay (second due to non-payer) to sell. I think if I had priced it at £2999 it would have sold quicker, but I reckoned as the buyer would have to re-register in the UK which means insure, tax and mot it it was worth less. As it happens the buyer has a property in France so he's keeping it on French Plates.