Speed Series 2003

Mark Stanton

In ans to your question, there is about 4 or so of us 'Young ens'!

And the rest are young at heart  :cool:  :D  :)  :p

Alright Jamie, saw your website yesterday, nice to meet you too. I'm Graham Young and I'm 16 but will be 17 in Feb, good to know theres a handful of 'young'uns about.

I've just read in the regs that cars in the class I hope to be in need to have a windscreen  :arse: I've just sold mine and replaced with an aeroscreen, which means I'm going to need to buy a new one and try and get the bl**** windscreen wiper motor and everything back in. :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

As you can see by my other post, another 'young en' will start this year .. thankfully not untill May co we daanh 'ere have too far to go for the first few meets    :( . Also need him to actually drive the car other than up and down the drive !

See you then ! (from an old git )

Where abouts 'daanh 'ere' are you?

I want to try and get to an airfiled day of some sort, before the SS starts to get in some practice as driving upa nd down the drive isnt really most realistic.

errrr class H spam boy its a kit car ! oh yes you could buy them in kit form  ;)  plus i cant let those westy's have it all their  own way  ;)  can i  :devil:

Class H  ???  - would that be the one supported by Winsford Body Shop  ???

Is your inbox full again  ???  :)

err yes and yes  :(  sorry ahhhhh the joys of class h  ;) he he he he he  :arse: class h non roadgoing kit cars with derived engines over 1800 cc or motorcycle engines over 1150 cc  :D me thinks me elan falls into that catagory  ;)  :0  :love:  :blush:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: mmmmmmmm red things

Looking at the regs I wonder what the differnece between standard and road going is. My SE has been built in true kit tradition, no carpets or trim, homenade bits and pieces, ie lamp brackets rear boot etc. Will it qualify for standard on list 1A or is it modified?

TIA

Ritchie

You need to re-read the regs carefully, 'cos it's all in the precise terminology.........

A boggo Westfield with a screen and 1A tyres will be class A (up to 1800cc) or B (over 1800cc) assuming you are a novice. If you have an aeroscreen and/or list 1B tyres you'll be in Modified Road going......Class E is for up to 1800cc car engines (and up to 1150cc bike engines), Class F is for engines over 1800cc, and bike engines over 1150cc....

You could run a screen in classes E or F if you wanted to run on 1B tyres. Likewise, an aeroscreened car on 1A tyres would still be in the modified classes, if I understand it correctly. The regs have nothing to do with your interpretation of the build manual, and everything to do with making sure the right specced cars run in the right classes. It would appear that this opens up the Speed Series to allow "factory spec" BEC's to come out to play, and also giving those who have been asking a chance to run on stickier tyres, and/or with aeroscreens.........again, this assumes I've interpreted the regs correctly..........

To get the best from a Modified Road going car, you will probably need to have both aero's and 1B's, IMO..........

Aeroscreen ,2 litres, but not decided on 1a or 1b tyres yet. Who else is likely to be in me class??

Novice is what I am   ???  :blush:  so I need some competition as slow and worried as I'm gonna be :0  :0 .

Who's in??

Aeroscreens put you in Modified Road. I reckon the majority of runners in that class wil be on 1B rubber..............Why optimise the aerodynamics (such as they are), and then compromise available grip? Doesn't make sense to me.......

Speaking of aeroscreens/windscreens etc, does anybody know where I can get a windscreen and pillars (without wing mirrors) for a narrow SE, as I sold mine and bought an aeroscreen but want to race in the class which requires a windscreen  :arse:

I know this should be in parts wanted by I don't have my WSCC membership through yet.