Should the club have a valuation service

Norman Verona

Mark, I asked a general question of the members. If I wanted to ask the committee I would have pm'd them.

I only wanted to find out if it was needed.

Instead I get told it can't be done, I should ask someone else and that the committee haven't time to do it, and it would be good to help sell the cars.

From the few posts thst did answer the question asked I think some would like an insurans valuation service.

It doesn't take much to understand that I would be prepared to do it and that I have the knowledge and experience to know how to do it.

There's no point in continuing the discussion if there is so many against the idea.

And, by the way, as I understand the subject and know it is possible to do, what's the point of asking someone who do not want to do it. There may be many reasons why Westfield don't want to do it, it's not relevant.

If you think about it, the underwriter has two things to consider when setting the premium, the risk and the sums being insured. To get the second they must set a value. Do you think they work at this or just take the lowest value. As I spent many years managing a meduim size dealer groups insurance including setting values of the sums insured for all the policies I know we do need an insurance valuation for all but the older "standard" cars.