Who is good with google?

Young Pretender

We might move into an area called Loose in/near Maidstone, Kent.  It has a good school for my daughter to attend but there is a BT signal station literally right next to the school and I'm concerned about electromagnetic fields and god knows what else.  Always a worrier  :blush:

Never been very good with google searches so can't find anything but surely other people would be worried to have this outside their child's school?

IMG_2133_zps1e80e707.jpg

What exactly are you trying to find?

Scaremongering, or studies that can't find any detrimental effects?

I worked with transmission towers for some time, primarily mobile phone towers and television / radio transmitters.  Every bit of proper study I have ever read has come to the same conclusion - there is no danger whatsoever to the general public.  There was so much preposterous unfounded hysteria with no scientific basis in the past that it was painful for me to read.  Loads of unsupported rubbish from NIMBYs in particular regarding brain tumours and other forms of cancer - twaddle.  There's transmitters everyhere you cant even see, but the power is so low as to be negligible.  Do not worry. :)

Bit difficult using the internet for that sort of thing with the subject matter in question.

You'll probably find lots of anecdotal links, but these will almost certainly fail to consider other possible causes, along with a slew of studies that fail to find a link.  

Remember the fuss about handheld mobile phones and the idea that we were all microwaving our brains?  I practically live on the phone, so my grey matter must be at least medium rare by now, but don't appear to suffer any ill effects.  Perhaps it's all down to the Anti-Radiation Safety Enhancing Wideband Insulating Phone Extender that I use (see link: http://tinyurl.com/d2a9fdy

)?

Joking aside, I see Scott has just posted something that might help?

i live near Wooferton transmitting station, i swear the rabbits glow in the dark :o ....

only joking... ;)

i live near Wooferton transmitting station, i swear the rabbits glow in the dark :o ....

Surely it would be dogs glowing in Wooferton?

Surely it would be dogs glowing in Wooferton?

Boom boom.

Thats a Rrrruuuuuffff joke!

Energy is energy, in the right place it has benefits , in the wrong place it is dangerous. Any studies on long term effects, are virtually useless because the systems have not been around long enough to draw a conclusion.

Tbh if you are uncomfortable with that or anything else for that matter, near your prospective home then stay away, because you will always be uncomfortable with it.

Agree with that logic, apart from not having been around long enough to draw a conclusion - the technology has been around for 30 years and 100+ studies have found no evidence to support physiological harm.  But what you are spot on about is that if you're still not comfortable, don't move there - I disagree but respect your concerns and overall motives. :)

Energy is energy, in the right place it has benefits , in the wrong place it is dangerous. Any studies on long term effects, are virtually useless because the systems have not been around long enough to draw a conclusion.

Tbh if you are uncomfortable with that or anything else for that matter, near your prospective home then stay away, because you will always be uncomfortable with it.

I would have said "can sometimes be dangerous".  There's big difference between a bit of light scatter from a poorly adjusted spotlight compared to having an industrial laser accidentally reflect into your eyes.

I do agree with your conclusion though!

Ironic that the industrial laser analogy should be used, I have worked on high power industrial lasers for the last 25years or so.

Scott, 30 years, less than the blinking of an eye.:-))

Scott, 30 years, less than the blinking of an eye.:-))

I was 53 last Monday - tell me about it... :( 

Ironic that the industrial laser analogy should be used, I have worked on high power industrial lasers for the last 25years or so.

Do tell, got anything interesting? Used to fiddle about with that sort of thing a few years back...

Astonishing, too, that Joe Public can now buy Class 3B/4 laser pointers!  I wonder what it's going to take to get their sale properly restricted.

I worked with transmission towers for some time, primarily mobile phone towers and television / radio transmitters.  Every bit of proper study I have ever read has come to the same conclusion - there is no danger whatsoever to the general public.  There was so much preposterous unfounded hysteria with no scientific basis in the past that it was painful for me to read.  Loads of unsupported rubbish from NIMBYs in particular regarding brain tumours and other forms of cancer - twaddle.  There's transmitters everyhere you cant even see, but the power is so low as to be negligible.  Do not worry. :)

look at the Scott's avatar and make your own mind up :laugh:;)