Help me decide please?

Young Pretender

How did you get the right vinyl colour Mark?

I'm not sure you'd ever get a perfect match - better to go for a complete contrast rather than something that's not quite right in my view.

Stickers are a good idea. There's a guy on eBay who offers a huge range: Here he is!

I'm thinking about filling in the holes then painting, wet sand, polish etc..

What can I use to fill?

You can get gelcoat filler

Well my wife and daughter are away until Sunday afternoon so I have a rare bit of time to put a little bit of effort in.  I'm going to have a go at using filler for the holes, wet sanding, painting, wet sanding, machine polishing and see how it looks after.  I already have some post office red touch up paint but may be able to find some spray which will possibly do a better job.

Got a bit carried away buying stickers last night so they will all be arriving in the post too  :d

I got these as well as some WSCC ones from Scott so won't be short of choice:

mqPwXEu6qJWntBIMIOqvB3A.jpg

mNzqOhjTBu1FZ5knLl_4DRA.jpg

meCNwgeSqJlSLdwKsN_xnbQ.jpg

m3LTrKswOmATAPrVScQfpHA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the results.  GRP repair came out well although colour m,atch was not perfect.  Quite happy with the end results though.

Ps haven't found a home for the wscc stickers yet.  looks quite busy  :blush:  :d

Before:

IMG_2096_zpse17a1ab0.jpg

during:

IMG_2124_zpsbdaaf89e.jpg

after:

IMG_2203_zps0521d7fc.jpg

Happy days!

Looks like it's suppose to be like that!

Looks cool YP well done :yes: :yes: :yes:

And your next upgrade is  ??? ??? ???    :oops:   :d  :d  :d  

• Like 1

Well I need to stick my mirrors on for a start :)

Then I have my playskool diffuser to fit! :)

Well I need to stick my mirrors on for a start :)

Then I have my playskool diffuser to fit! :)

I found my diffuser made a big difference! However I get told about parachute effect. I think there could be a degree of truth in it, so at the bottom of the bodywork (below fuel tank), in the centre I'm putting a 50mm hole and a carbon mods carbon air intake ring... With some black mesh behind it. I'm hoping this will improve airflow out the back, over the top of the diff and allow more air through the transmission tunnel.

Yes makes sense mate. I was also considering using some sort of spacer between the diffuser and the bottom or the rear tub so that there is a natural gap between the two for air to flow out of.

Factory will sell you the correct colour gel coat if you give them the code number under one of your body items. Did a repair on my old Westie, on rear arch, worked fairly well, need to be patient with the process!

Vinyl wrap over filled holes seems a good option too

Yes makes sense mate. I was also considering using some sort of spacer between the diffuser and the bottom or the rear tub so that there is a natural gap between the two for air to flow out of.

I thought this, however this would reduce the effect of the diffuser. By having a exit directly behind the tunnel you'll be drawing the air out frome the tunnel. Most of the air that enters nose cone goes over the engine and down the transmission tunnel and over the diff. So I have put together from what've been told when talking about diffusers. Then the diffuser blocks the air coming out. I was tempted to put vents in my diffuser, but pressure differences high speed may draw air in through the vents and add more of a problem. So the obvious answer is a hole in the back. Due to fuel tank blocking most of the back, the best place is below the fuel tank. So one directly behind the diff would be most efficient IMHO. From the back it would look like a carbon fibre exhaust exit! I'm going a step further and putting in two, one either side of a small square numberplate.

I thought this, however this would reduce the effect of the diffuser. By having a exit directly behind the tunnel you'll be drawing the air out frome the tunnel. Most of the air that enters nose cone goes over the engine and down the transmission tunnel and over the diff. So I have put together from what've been told when talking about diffusers. Then the diffuser blocks the air coming out. I was tempted to put vents in my diffuser, but pressure differences high speed may draw air in through the vents and add more of a problem. So the obvious answer is a hole in the back. Due to fuel tank blocking most of the back, the best place is below the fuel tank. So one directly behind the diff would be most efficient IMHO. From the back it would look like a carbon fibre exhaust exit! I'm going a step further and putting in two, one either side of a small square numberplate.

In all honesty mate, going by some wind tunnel tests performed by a caterham owner, the diffuser on seven style cars doesn't have the desired effect unless it extended some length from the rear of the vehicle.  So it's basically just blocking off the floor in terms of any real added value.

Re air through the transmission tunnel I think a gap at the back would be more effective than a hole which might be too small.  Not based on anything scientific mind you, just my own simpleton opinion  :d

Anyways, I think I'll give that a try and see how it goes.  I saw one at Stoneleigh like this which has been my inspiration.

I'ts possible that the air pressure build up in the diff area will act like a sheet of carbon (if you see what I mean) and the reminaing air stream wil be directed out.

However, I get the impression that a difuser on a 7 is probably causing more problems than it's worth.

To be honest I'm not expecting any dramatic results either way, I just bought one at Stoneleigh so I'm going to stick it on! :)

Re air through the transmission tunnel I think a gap at the back would be more effective than a hole which might be too small.  Not based on anything scientific mind you, just my own simpleton opinion  :d

Anyways, I think I'll give that a try and see how it goes.  I saw one at Stoneleigh like this which has been my inspiration.

was that mine by any chance? no idea if it does anything :d

Boney