Confirmation that I'm past it...

Captain Colonial

...comes from this:

Clicky

Years ago, I probably would have thought that was pretty cool.  Now, all I can think is that anyone who would want this is an onanist of the first order and a prime candidate for getting punched in the face if they wore it down the pub or anywhere in a crowded public place for that matter.

It will happen, and you will see them.  A friend in Texas tells me that although it's still only be trial tested in parts of the States to refine it, restaurants and shops already have signs up that say "No Google Glass allowed".  Frankly, if someone tried to walk into my house wearing those, they wouldn't get further than seeing the outside of my front door.  Preposterous things.

Does this make me in tune with the majority or just a grumpy old git?

Yep, it's bad enough having every phone equipped with cameras etc.now this.

[/grumpy old git]

Scott, I agree with you, ive climbed with people who wear a camera on their hard hat when doing tree work.... :arse:  in my opinion.  Often only goes to show poor practice and people taking unacceptable risk.  Why would you want a PC in front of your face all day????

It was on BBC news last night. 

We are all now grumpy old men who have turned into our fathers.

It will sell like hotcakes when released in about 2 years time. But not to anyone over 40.

ed to add that that is what the "CLOUD" is all about.

This may see the slow demise of Microsoft.

Bring a whole new meaning to having your head in the clouds

And a few years ago society was worried about Big brother, now we are walking into it with open arms. The only change is that it's not governments that know all about us, it's big companies. !!!

Somehow I don;t see this "progress" being halted, the world is such a different place than 10 years ago let alone 30 years ago. I can still remember the magic of the first fax machines :d

...comes from this:

Clicky

Years ago, I probably would have thought that was pretty cool.  Now, all I can think is that anyone who would want this is an onanist of the first order and a prime candidate for getting punched in the face if they wore it down the pub or anywhere in a crowded public place for that matter.

It will happen, and you will see them.  A friend in Texas tells me that although it's still only be trial tested in parts of the States to refine it, restaurants and shops already have signs up that say "No Google Glass allowed".  Frankly, if someone tried to walk into my house wearing those, they wouldn't get further than seeing the outside of my front door.  Preposterous things.

Does this make me in tune with the majority or just a grumpy old git?

Grumpy old git....................................just like me :)

• Like 1

Have no idea what you mean, my heads up my A*** so can't even see the clouds

...and Telex, or at least the big growth spurt it had round the world in the seventies.

Great technology and it will be useful to someone in a specific profession ambulance, police, engineering etc,etc and particually good for me in my job on site occasionally but anything else it will be just the kn*bheads wasting their money just to say look what I've got! For the professions its all about reducing size and increasing usability with out boardering on H&S

Altho' I do have a pair of shades with a pinhole cmaera that you wouldn't even know it had a camera the pickys are decent quality they came from Singapore and cost about £10 but obvuiosly no internet connection... the purchase was a drunken one at the time ;-)

Buzz

Somehow I don;t see this "progress" being halted, the world is such a different place than 10 years ago let alone 30 years ago. I can still remember the magic of the first fax machines :d

Faxes! I can remember Telex which came earlier and was made redundant by fax machines! And before that I remember the first photostatic photocopier in our town - that was like magic to a trainee like me who had just learned how to use the old wet system photocopiers. I still used to come across the copies made by the latter before I retired, and mostly they were completely unusable as they went completely black when they got to about 30 or 40 years of age.

To me, when we reach the point where when we are outside and staring at and interacting with a screen floating in mid-air in front of you is more important than seeing the wonder and beauty of the world around you, we have lost a great deal.

You are all grumpy old men. 

I think they are great!

I read somewhere recently a prediction that the next generation of computing will make any concept of privacy a thing of the past. 

Stupid gadget is stupid! why cant we develop a cure for serious illness and disease, but we cab make glasses taht take a photo and crap! :bangshead: